[Restored topic] Scripture API JSON

I have to apologize to whoever posted the message below. I was editing your post to put ``` marks before and after your JSON text to fix the formatting and it deleted your entire topic. Here is the post you had made:

I am trying to create a scripture trivia game that generates a random scripture reference and pulls the text for that scripture from an API. I have it working for a reference that includes one or two verses, but I am running into problems once I get to three or more verses. It seems like I am getting the first and last, but nothing in the middle.

Here is the json response

{
    "api": {
        "q": "Isaiah 58:6-8",
        "format": "json"
    },
    "scriptures": [
        {
            "scripture": "Isaiah 58:6",
            "book": "Isaiah",
            "chapter": 58,
            "verse": 6,
            "text": "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?"
        },
        {
            "scripture": "Isaiah 58:7",
            "verse": 7,
            "text": "Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?"
        },
        {
            "scripture": "Isaiah 58:8",
            "verse": 8,
            "text": "Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward."
        }
    ]
}

Here is my block where I’m storing the data in a string variable

Here is an alternate block where I store the data in a list (with the same issue)

Here is an image of an app result (not the same scripture obviously, but the same principle applies) in case the context is helpful.

@jared I will have to stop editing posts to add code (```) tags. It seems to delete the posts as soon as I save the posts. This has happened twice now.

Using the alternate block screenshot, what happens if you replace app variable verseLength with the number block 3? The JSON response you posted as text only has 3 items in the list/array so I’m curious what happens if you avoid using a variable there.

The screenshot of different scripture is not helpful. Can you post the actual result you’re seeing on your screen when you substitute 3 for the variable?