Making a Search Bar

Try removing the date viewer list and then re-adding it by re-adding its blocks. This solves the problem sometimes!
PS: Would you share a picture of the blocks?

Your problem is in the blocks. Change the text input block that assigns a value to the variable. Look again at the attached photos above in the post and you will find your mistake.

1 Like

Yea I was able to fix it

I love this tutorial, very simple. I was easily able to update it to a firebase DB just by changing the entire list to a cloud variable.

Iā€™m wondering if someone has found a simple way to have multiple filters.

Iā€™ll use wheels for example, first you would see the followingā€¦

You could start by tapping brand to see a full list of brands. As you tap each brand that you want youā€™d see a check box out to the side so you knew exactly what youā€™ve chosen so farā€¦ it would look like thisā€¦

In my case above Iā€™ve chosen Brand 1 and Brand 2,

Then you could tap ā€œBackā€ and see the original list from the first screenshot, and if you wanted to filter additionally you could tap Diameter for example and then see all available Diameters for the 2 different brands weā€™ve chosen, and narrow the search down even further, possible diameters available for Brand 1 and Brand 2 that weā€™ve chosen could be 18ā€™s, 20ā€™s, 21ā€™s, and 22ā€™s. In our example the user only want to see 21ā€™s and 22ā€™s.
They could click back again and filter further by color, available colors could be Chrome and Aluminum, maybe they only want to see Chrome so they tap Chrome.

The idea would be to narrow down as far as the user desired based on what is still available.

Then once the user is satisfied with all the filters to fit their needs, they would click results to see all the available wheels.

Thanks all for any input or examples.

1 Like

Looking back this is a bit of rambling or over explained, just trying to have multiple filters is all

Sure. Filter your list by option 1 and save it to a temp list. Then filter temp list by option two and display the results.

Hey wow thanks, and you can sit there and do this continuously?

good thought

your search should be in a function that can be called after a check is ran (using a timer) that checks for differences in pre and post text

Iā€™m not going to put the blocks here but someone will

variable checkText = ā€œā€

when timer fires (keep the time low. 200-300 ms)
if ( variable checkText != searchBoxInput (text)) {
variable checkText = searchBoxInput (text)
run function ā€˜do the searchā€™ (inputList)
}

Iā€™m actually having trouble enabling and disabling items from the ā€œtop listā€
Itā€™s quite easy to filter the TempList as I click through things, but how do I remove the filter once Iā€™ve applied it without resetting the entire bit of data.
As if a user filtered a certain brand, and then changed their mind and wanted to remove that brand from the TempList

This isnā€™t through an input component either, this is instead just items from listviewers being enabled and disabled

This is proving more difficult than I thought.
When I go back a step and tap on another filter item, itā€™s only additive, it doesnā€™t remove other things, and thatā€™s because I donā€™t have it set to clear the listā€¦ But thatā€™s on purpose, because if I clear the on each tap it wonā€™t preserve the previous selections.

Hereā€™s the correct link to the project
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/fb2dd01455218bbf3ff8e91138fb6952

I would recommend you try the following. For each subsequent filter, load the ā€œentireListā€ variable with the new data. i think this would work but i havenā€™t tested it

Just tried it, the problem I have with it so far is when I go back I get an error bc Iā€™m trying to call the object of and so on and that doesnā€™t exist

Hi @jane You are adding temporary Data list, but we want to search data for google sheet data. please help me short out this stage

1 Like