Layout changes in the downloaded app vs. preview in Thunkable app

I have designed the app and am able to create the desired layout. It works fine while testing in the Thunkable app too as shown in screeshot. After downloading the apk file for testing in the same phone, the layout has gone for a toss. The input text has been displaced. Imageview is also gone for a toss. Can someone help me understand what would be the possible reason? I am unable to grasp the reason.

Hi @ajay.shah1626, welcome to Thunkable! The layout changes you are talking about usually happen when components have their resize mode set to “Float in Place” vs. “Stretch.”

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 12.02.17 PM

Float in Place will render it the same as the design, regardless of the device. Stretch will update the size to fit the screen of the device. Try changing your components to Stretch resize mode and download your apk again. You should be good to go!

1 Like

Hello @matt_conroy, could you tell me how to find the resize mode to change the “Stretch”, i can’t find that. thank you

Hi @kinhangyu, resize mode settings are located in the layout settings of each component, which is located on the right side of your design screen. Here is a screenshot of where it is located when you have selected a button for editing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.