Issues with BLE read/write byte array blocks

Please forgive my ignorance on all of this, I am very new to Bluetooth things. (Still learning!)

I’m not sure I have the expertise, nor the time to figure it out, to make this sort of test. But the mere fact that you believe that half the problem is solved, gives me confidence progress is being made! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there! Did you ever make progress here?

I didn’t, no.

The apps I’ve tried to make have all failed to send anything to the device - the app just crashes back to the logo screen. :frowning:

I’m guessing your device is using the notify channel to transmit data?

But you’re saying that sending data causes a crash? I’ve been building with ble and haven’t seen that behavior.

What do the byte arrays you’re sending look like? I see @muneers example is sending the values 1,2,3 but I’m not sure those are valid values to send. Can you share a screenshot?

The following demonstrates valid byte array values

1 Like

Yeah I’m woefully out of my depth here - pretty much giving up on this project unless I can find someone that knows what they’re doing to just… take over.

If that’s you - please DM me, or email at MultiTechVisions@gmail.com

Cheers

Is the device you’re working with cheap and readily available by chance?

1 Like

To be honest, it’s really just down to “I can’t understand the device documentation.”

• It’s written from the mindset of someone that knows what they’re doing
  • So if you don’t know anything about anything in this sphere - it becomes “stereo instructions” and impossible to decipher. (^_^)

There’s an order of operations, special formats that things have to be in, and none of it makes much sense to me.

Wishing you the best
Matt

YouTube | LinkedIn | Patreon | www.MultiTechVisions.com

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.