How to get the name of folder having sub-folder in it from realtime DB to thunkable

Hi
I am working on a project where the folders that I have in the database has subfolder in it, as a result, I am unable to extract only the names of the folder in a list. Can anyone help?
The link of my database and the output I am getting in thunkable is attached below.
Database snipet

Output in thunkable

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-13 at 11.09.25 PM (1)

In the screenshot you posted, which word/node are you calling a “folder”?

THE OTHER WORLD is a folder and I want only that in my list.
Suggest is the sub-folder due to which my list starts getting all other data as well.

Okay so if Fantasy/ contained THE OTHER WORLD/ and HARRY POTTER/ (for example), then you’d want a list viewer to show:

THE OTHER WORLD >

HARRY POTTER >

Something like that?

There’s a recent topic about displaying Firebase nodes in a list viewer. I think @muneer posted a solution. I’ll see if I can find it.

Yes, this is what bI want.
That would be great if you can provide the link to the solution. :slight_smile:

Here’s one related topic, for example:

Thanks for the link. However, in the link the data we are retrieving does not have any sub folder/node in it as a result, it was getting viewed in the form of a list. However, in my project I have a sub folder named suggest, which is not letting me get the name of my folder in the list.
Image of the output shown below

I’m confused about what data you want.

Please post an example of what a successful output would be from a list viewer. You can sketch it or make a mock up but without that, I’m not sure how to help you further.

Capture

I want my list should be like this:-

THE OTHER WORLD
THE YELLOW CUPCAKE

However, I am getting the list like this:-
capture1

1 Like

Got it. I’ll be able to help you with this a little bit later.

Sure. Thank you!

Try this:

Ignore the screen name. I was using it for something else with Google Sheets. But you can find the cloud variable " " block in the Variables drawer. It will say app but you can change the drop-down menu to cloud.

Cloud variables in Thunkable can be used to connect to a direct path in Firebase. You can get data that way or set it which would change the value in Firebase.

1 Like

Using stored variables you can get the list you want with this

Using realtime component you can do this

1 Like

Thanks, I forgot the object properties block.

2 Likes

It worked!!! I am so happy! Thank you for the solution. It’s easy and efficient. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One more query for the same project.
What if I have to get the category from a variable. Can I join text and variable in cloud variable and get the list?
An example given below:-

If no, then what can be the alternate?

1 Like

Yes you can.

However, you need to remember that the key values (folders) are case sensitive so “story” is not the same as “Story”. The same for the variables.

Ok thanks for the quick response. :slight_smile:

1 Like