How to call multiple pieces of data from firebase when it is alphabetized

I am working on a project that requires data being put into the firebase realtime database, to be recalled and added to a list. However, regardless of what data I add, it ends up being alphabetized and so I can’t recall that data by finding it through substrings. These are the blocks I am currently using, but it won’t work since the data is not split into a list properly, and the data is not sorted by most recent, rather it is alphabetized.

This is an example of the json that is called for the data:

How do I sort this data and add it to the list on thunkable? When I try doing it through substrings, it ends up repeating the first item on the json file and adding it multiple times as a text item on the list. Can I fix the data coming in into the realtime database and stop it from alphabetizing by altering my security rules?

1 Like

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel?

You can use the object drawer to convert JSON to text or back to object instead of building your own list parser.

1 Like

Totally agree! If you have valid JSON, you can just parse it with get property of object blocks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.