I’m sharing my experience – hopefully it will help others.
I notice that many others had similar Google Sheets sorting problems. Maybe there are other/better ways, but here’s how I solved it.
I wanted to continually re-sort the output shown in my data viewer linked to Google Sheets after each new row was added to the database. I tried AirTable, but it was unable to handle my formulas based on arrays.
- I created another table in my Sheets database named “sorted”
- In this new table, I named the header row “sortedVALUE”
- Into cell A2 I entered the formula: =SORT(unsortedsheetname!A2:B39, 2, FALSE)
The “2” means to sort on the second column, “FALSE” means to sort highest to lowest.
- Any time the data in the original range is updated, the sorted data in this new table will update as well.
- Next I linked the data viewer to the new table named “sorted”.
- Keep in mind this new table is only displaying data from an array. Any changes to data must be made to the original table.
Like others, I found that I must swipe down on the data viewer to get it to display the freshest version of the sorted data. I tried switching to an update screen, reloading the original page, and combining these options, but they did not work. Hoping Thunkable can fix this.