How can I connect OpenAi's Api to Thunkable

This way I can make a front end for an app idea I have I just need to connect to OpenAi first.

1 Like

OpenAI’s GPT-3 is basically already connected. If you go into Blocks > Advanced (right at the bottom)
there’s an OpenAI block there. You need to sign up for an OpenAI account and get your API key from the settings page on there. Take that API key and add it into your thunkable using an API key block:

1 Like

Cool, thanks I will try that.

Will I need a pro account for that?

Nope :slight_smile:

Ok here is what I have so far,

Now what I would like to do is make it so that when I type something into the text box make it as if I am typing it into Open AI, I have already connected, my OpenAI API to Thunkable, now I just need to set it up in the blocks,

Many Thanks Levi

What does your blocks screen look like now?

I think I got it to work but I would like the answer to be on screen 2 and have a button that goes to that which says the answer.

send your answer to an app variable and then make screen 2’s label text = the app variable?

Ok thanks I will try that.

What should I set the app variable to?

@nathanburley21656 How should I get it to display the answer on the second screen and then after it displays it, automatically delete it so then the user can input another question?

I really need help with this,

I would recommend watching the video here about app variables to understand how variables work.

The basic idea is that you need to store a value (in this case, the green response block) in a variable and then use that variable on another screen to display the value.

If you get stuck, post a screenshot of your blocks or a link to your project and someone can help you.

you can also start reading this post by @matt_conroy,describing how to connect to openai:

read the thread from top to bottom, also read the link above for details.
i posted a working model based on this discussion here:

2 Likes

How’re you getting on now?

I am still working it out, I will show you what i have go so for soon.

what to put on request setting, the property and value to integrate chat gpt?

Can you say more about this? Are you using certain blocks (post a screenshot)? What are you trying to do? Are you using the built-in AI block (as in this post) or trying to call the API?