Google Maps API Update

As you know, we constantly update our platform to make App Development easier and more accessible for everyone. Ordinarily, updates happen behind the scenes so you get a better Thunkable without any work needed on your end. Due to a recent update to the Google Maps component, this is a rare instance where you will need to take action so that your published apps are not affected.

This issue may affect anyone who has published or downloaded a project with Google Maps.

The good news for anyone affected is that the fix is very easy. All you need to do is log into Thunkable, download your project again and republish it. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the Maps component.

We’ve emailed all the users how might be affected by this, and anyone with feedback can get in touch either via email or, ideally, by replying to this post.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Arun Saigal CEO of Thunkable!
Thank you for your message about the MAPS component of GOOGLE.
I have the MAPS in Thunkable component, but I haven’t used it in my applications. I hope that the Thunkable Platform will be updated automatically over the Internet on my computer with the latest components. If not, how can I update it?

hug
Boris Raichel
baruc.peisac61 (Thunkable)
Brazil

Hey @baruc.peisac6l, welcome to the community! :wave:

If you’re not using the Maps component in any of your published apps then this won’t affect you (or your users) in any way.

Out of an abundance of caution we emailed users who had recently downloaded or published apps just so that everyone knew what was going on.

Yep, that’s the good news here - we updated the Maps component on 12th of October so if someone downloads or publishes after the 12th October then they will automatically have the most up to date version of the Maps component.

Thanks,
Domhnall