Drag and drop photo library

Hello! I am completely new to Thunkable and creating apps. I am using drag and drop, but am having difficulties following online tutorials. They seem to be geared towards the older version (not sure what it is called?). I want a user to be able to upload a photo from their device’s photo library. However, with drag and drop, I am not seeing that option. I am following Photo Library - ✕ Docs and How to Add a Photo in Thunkable X with the Photo Library Component - YouTube. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don’t believe there is a way to do this with the new drag & drop interface. You can do it on the older “legacy” interface. It’s one reason I haven’t switched yet.

1 Like

@tatiang, thank you for the information! I may have to switch to the legacy interface. FYI - I tried the following, but it didn’t work. It worked for “photo from camera” though.

1 Like

I also found the problem using photo library and camera.
Yes,I tried following your suggest.but it didn’t work.
how can I do?

1 Like

You’ve already asked for help here. Please don’t post multiple questions about the same thing.

1 Like

I still try to use photo library,but I couldn’t .please tell me how can I solve this problem.

1 Like

@yinnatthachatfly
Please don’t spam multiple posts for same issue. This will not help you to get a quick answer.

2 Likes

so sorry.

2 Likes

Sorry @muneer i may Just mis-understood.
But i don’t think this is a spam hé asked it Just once.
Anyways What builder are you using @yinnatthachatfly ?
DnD or legacy?

2 Likes

How can I check ,I really don’t know. Yes ,it’s me to ask the same questions more than once. so sorry, i have to apologize.

Oh haha did not see those

When creating a project and you check the check box.
You Use the DnD builder.

1 Like

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/

Can I change to legazy after create the DnD project?

That’s only a link to the project page.

No

1 Like

You mean I have to create new project and don’t check the check box , right?

Yeah

1 Like

No worries - I’ve merged you duplicate post into this thread now.

Was this on iOS or Android? Were you live testing or installing your app?

Thanks

2 Likes

How kindness of you.Thank you for your help.I found that I can’t use camera feature such as description of the photo from camera, barcode scaning(I can use it in DnD builder) in legacy interface.

1 Like

Hi there,

You can find Drag and Drop video tutorials at this link.

In the Drag and Drop UI, you can find the blocks for scanning a barcode, generating an image description, and more in the Camera drawer of blocks.

In the Snap to Place UI, you need to add individual components for each of these features. Check out our Image components overview doc for more.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s useful.

2 Likes