Create a 2020 Calendar

this is gonna only to save the button’s background whichever is clicked… how do I save the background of all buttons in a calendar (save it in a variable)

Could you please share the link again? I am not able to open this. Please

try this link:
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/0ab37415c90195bd9db8aa3d4c318fff

try this link

Thanks a lot. You are amazing.

anytime

Hey man, love this modified version. Could you help in making it start from Monday again?
Would like to understand how it works, maybe even make it start from monday or sunday based on the user choice, if you can give any insight i would appreciate it

3 Likes

Hey @Marco_Marchena

Check this example out

The calendar i used in this example can be super customized. Let me know if you’d like to explore something like this.

3 Likes

i created a new version of the program. this time you can set the variable StartMon to true to show the week starting on Monday, set to false for Sunday.

Calendar for Any Year, Adjustable Week Start
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/c249b7787d70d74d931ce6953a6d1801

you can add a new screen for setting this value. maybe for setting the colors of the days also and the week title, etc.

5 Likes

Hi, I have a question what does the variable “StartOfMonths” do and how do i change it so i can make a calendar for 2022

if you use my latest version (click on link above), just run it and it automatically display year 2022. simply click on the double left and double right arrows to change the value of the year. (you may be looking at old program)

1 Like

I am using your latest version however I am not sure what the numbers for “startOfMonths” mean, is it like which day that month start?

startofmonths is a containing the pattern of the 1st days of the months. the value (1,4,4,0,2,5,0,3,6,1,4,6) means if january 1 falls on monday (1), then feb1 and mar1 fall on wednesday (4), april 1 falls on sunday(0), etc. however if it’s leap year, the pattern chanegs to this: (0,3,3,0,2,5,0,3,6,1,4,6). this is used in the formula for distributing the days of the calendar.

Oh ok I get it now, Thank you!

Hi, Were you able to figure out where to find them or get them in your code, if so could you please help me isnce i am having the same struggle

Hi, I noticed you used “makeCalendar” and “clearCalendar” function in your code however i can’t seem to find them.

clearcalendar is at the bottom, makecalendar is in the middle - it’s the biggest/tallest block

Its not in my blocks menu

1 Like

you’re trying to debug a program but you dont even know how to use or or run it yet?! run the proecjt first

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m trying to make this calendar app change all buttons to the same grey colour again when one is clicked, and then only change the clicked on to pink, so that only one day can be selected at a time. I am not sure which blocks to use for this that will select “all prototype blocks”. Could someone tell me if/how they have accomplished this with the calendar app?

Thanks Thunkers!