[Superpost] Biometric scanners

Is there any component for integration of biometric scanners?

Hey guys,
I’m trying to create a really simple app. The user has a profile and a “credits” variable on their profile. The apps functionality is, the user scans a QR code and is then prompted to authenticate payment by providing their fingerprint. On success, it will reduce the “credits” variable.

But I’m not able to find a fingerprint module anywhere though. So, is this possible?

1 Like

hi, that functionality is not there but still I can just advice you something that this is app might not be possible because every phone does not have a fingerprint sensor!! So, I guess that is very complex

Oh damn, is there no work around ?

Yeah, that’s a valid point but I’m creating this app for a college project and will be using it only on one device for now.

photo collage and you mean to secure that

No. I meant “college” like “university”.

ok I got it that means you want to save the college friend’s profile by a qr code and just secure it by a finger print

Currently, only experimental type is available as JavaScript which you can integrate with your App

Through the web viewer?
Have you tested any of it?

1 Like

I actually tested an external scanner with a webpage. The scanner device has its own API using JavaScript extensions. Have not tested it in Thunkable

Is there an implicit way of getting the user to sign in to the device again to prove authenticity?

e.g. password to device, or fingerprint (if applicable)

1 Like

i did not understand from your topic name but from post i think you told how to make them sign in again… if yes then just make them sign out and again sign in

my question was refering to the same type of authentication a banking application would use instead of a PIN for ease of access, very sorry to confuse you :slight_smile:

If I understand you correctly, you want you app to timeout if the user has not been active for a set period of time.

There are a few approaches that come to mind with Thunkable, none of them clean or easy.

At the most basic level, you could create a function to check the last time the user performed a “valid” action. If the elapsed time exceeds a certain threshold, (5min), reset the user password and navigate to the sign in screen of you app. You can measure the time elapsed using the SECONDS SINCE 1970 block in the device section. If the timeout period has not expired, reset the last valid action time to the current time.

You can now add this check function as the first action in all of the click events of your screen.

1 Like

It would be nice if our signin block had “check if refresh token is valid” and the ability to set the duration of time passed for timeout.

3 Likes

Oh, I was thinking in a totally different direction. I thought a kind of device ID is required like IMEI so the app can determine that the user is logging in from the same device.

Maybe I understood it wrong.

Hi everyone!
I tested this platform and i like it. Two thinks that i think needs to add are the fingerprint sensor and sign in with google acc, phone or fb. theese feature i thuink are important and.

3 Likes

Thank you for your comments.

for any feature requests or bugs, you can use the link to request it. Having it listed here will fade away not noticed or actioned.

1 Like

Is [Face ID] already enabled depending on the device the user is using or is this not possible yet with Thunkable?

Thanks

Bump