Any tips for working with the WebAPI component?

I’ve been trying to use the Web API component but with no luck. I have a soap API that requires authentication. So i included the Headers section with property (Authorization) and value (Basic d2VidXNlcjpObXkvdmNhNGg4RUNNdmJRL01wY1RSRkZ6YWZWZ1MxR1FudWRZU3djdTA4PQ==). In the URL part i included the path the API which is https://41.190.34.130:9047/WebsiteTest/WS/SpeedWebsiteTest/Codeunit/WebsiteManagement
Did a simple Web API call GET but getting no results just error message (Network Request Failed). Anyone to help please.

Dear Colleages:

I am new to thunkable, but have been working since some years ago with MIT App inventor.

I was looking for a way to create app for iOS with the same type of tool.

I create an app that uses WEB Api blocks to access an IBM service. This app was working with the live test app with the bar code scaner scheme. In December 2017 it was working fine.

Today, I am not able to make the app work with the new live app test tool. The app seems to block the app.

I am working with an iPAD 2 with iOS version 9.3.5 (the last one released by apple for this device).

Can you please give some advice about what could be happening with my app?.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

Daniel Suzuki

Hi,
How do we set Headers value dynamically on Web API Component?

Our APIs expect Authentication header which changes every 60 seconds, so far we have tried storing the new Authentication Header in Local Storage, but not able to figure out how to add it on Web API component before API Component Call Post method, as the component only offers set URL and Body. Please advise.

I would like to build a simple app. the app has two screens, screen-1) a speak button, upon clicking it, it should call Google Speech API and converts the users voice into text and displays on screen. Then a Save button enables and upon clicking the save button, the text should get saved into my data base table. can this be done via Thunkable? if so, guidance please .

1 Like

I don’t really know anything about APIs. Do I just copy the json string into ‘body’?

Hello, I am trying to use an analysis API of photos (not Microsoft Recognizer), however I am having trouble uploading the photos. While I could use a MediaDB, I do not want to (for privacy), I just want one copy of the image to an API endpoint that I control.

I can upload either a base64 or via a filepath.

I canot figure out for the life of me how to upload the media content to an API that is NOT the Microsoft or the MediaDB. I have tried things like setting the Body to Photo, and I get a 415 (invalid media type).

Can someone point me to a project that may do something like this so I can look at the blocks?

Thank you.

I’ve tried searching everywhere but couldn’t find if there was a URL encode option for the WebAPI. Would anyone happen to know whether this is available? If not, would the only workaround to be a function using the “Replace” functionality?

1 Like

how to use api web to connect my app with mysql database from an external server?
And if I do, will I violate google play’s policy?

My app won’t display the text for labels which are being set by a GET from a web API component. I think it’s an issue with my security settings as it’s a public API that I’m accessing. That said, I’m not 100% confident that security settings are the actual issue. Below is the block for the GET call - you’ll see how data from the JSON is parsed and populates the variables which set the text for the labels.

Below are the security settings on the component and details from the API.

Can anyone provide me with some advice as to how to get this all to work?

I want to post an image taken from the camera or photo library and upload to my own server using POST method.

This question has been asked before but all replies point to Media_DB1 upload to Cloudinary. I don’t want to use Cloudinary.

Any alternative? example?

Thanks!

Hey @Dr_Walter @Daniel_Suzuki @shoaibjdev @Naresh_Y @renren66 @Cian_O_Sullivan @PEtalk @Manuel_Neto @smangat12njpy2n @Waterloo_HK - grouping all your API related questions together in the hopes that it will make the answers easier to find.

We have a great playlist on our YouTube channel which takes you through connecting to various APIs and parsing the response:

Additionally, you should definitely check out @darren’s channel where you’ll find brilliant multi-part series on working with different APIs.

1 Like