🎉 Admob now Available on Thunkable ✕ 2019-03-12

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you are so upset about Thunkable X. I’m certain that this post is coming from a good place and that you only want the best possible version of Thunkable, however I’d like to go through your message and try to identify where your main pain-points are so that we can continue to grow and improve our product.

I don’t fully understand what you mean by this. We have 11 or 12 very commonly used UI components as well as the 3 main types of navigators to get people up and running quickly with creating their own apps.
Do you mean that there are certain properties in these components that you would like to see added in? Or are you thinking of a specific component that you need for one of your own apps.

I think it would be helpful to keep an eye on the release notes and the #Announcements but in the interest of clarity, since launching in June of 18 the following (visible!) additions were made

• Created the Alert Component (Jul 18)
  • Added new properties to the WebViewer, Column, Map and Slider (Aug 18)
  • Created the “Shuffle List” block (Aug 18)
  • Created a completely new way of working with variable (Oct 18)
  • Created the Top Tab Navigator and Bottom Tab Navigator (Nov 18)
  • Added the ability to Publish to the App store, directly from Thunkable!! (Nov 18)
  • Created the LocalDB component (Dec 18)
  • Created the “Device” blocks (Dec 18)
  • Added texting, calling and emailing for the share component (Dec 18)
  • Reduced the size of downloaded apps by 8MB (Jan 18)
  • Added a Changed listener for variable (Feb 18)
  • Added AdMob components (Mar 18)
  • Added Blockchain components (Mar 18)
  • Added Email log in option (Mar 18)

This is without mentioning the 1000’s of updates, improvements and optimisations that happen behind the scenes. We’ve refreshed our brand, launched a project gallery, integrated with multiple payment providers, forged new business relationships, moved office, blogged, documented, videoed, collaborated, presented, tutored, supported… the list goes on and on!

There has also been enormous work done on the other components that are planned for release in 2019, which I’m personally very excited about…and in addition to this we’ve updated and upgraded the Classic platform too. I think sometime’s it can be easy to overlook that in the 9 months since X was launched we also released over 18 updates to the Classic platform too. If you’re looking for a job in tech, there’s never a dull moment at Thunkable! :joy:

if you let us know about the specific app that you are building then we will do our best to try and advise you how to realise it with the currently available set of components.

As you already know, when AdMob launched for Thunkable X we created a manual review process where we go through each individual app to make sure it complies with Thunkable’s and AdMob’s guidelines. We are well aware of the apps that you are talking about and we’re investing resources every day to make sure that these types of apps aren’t made with Thunkable X.

Creators are strictly limited to 1 banner per page and 1 interstitial and 1 rewarded video per app.It might be worth pointing out that this is the maximum an app can have, not the recommended amount or the minimum amount.

I’ve gone through my inbox for the last 3 months and, apart from one bit of back-channel, I can’t see a single PM from you with a shared project or bug report. If I’ve overlooked it in error, please ping me and I’ll do my best to get you an answer.

We’ve spent many hours working 1-to-1 on issues from Classic in the past and you know that you can always reach out directly if you have any questions about X.

We have been pretty clear about what our 2019 development roadmap looks like, having revealed it back in October 2018, so it would be great to know what sort of apps you’re working on at the moment, what your main goals/milestones are, and how you feel that we can help you be a more successful creator.

Thanks.

7 Likes