Access to contact list - Heads up from Thunkable?

Hi there,
This topic is not new, but last discussions were about 3 years ago, and I m wondering if there is some news on this topic from Thunkable / thunkable community ?

1. Can we now access the contact list from a phone ?

2. if still not, what is the reason behind ? I do not understand why this feature is not yet proposed , am I sure there is a reason…

3. Is there a possibility to add some external code where we could find a turn-around of this limitation ?

Thanks a lot !
Steeve

Hi @consulting.sby2j7000, this is not currently available and so I have moved this topic to Feature Requests.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our users, as it helps us consider how we can continue to improve the product.

I will review what you shared with our team and let you know if we have any follow up questions or recommendations that may be helpful for you.

Thanks Matt for your quick reply,

Yes it’s a big bummer for me, when I saw that we can access cameras, sensors, and some files ; I did not think this would be a problem…so I have 2 questions :

1. I really don’t get why this is an issue to provide this functionality, considering that many people were asking and considering the cool functionalities and environment that thinkable is proposing :slight_smile: !

2. depending on when this feature would be available, any idea to find
    a work around ?

A looking forward your reply

Thanks a lot,
Steeve

This would be a great feature to have in Thunkable as there are lots of use cases for it.

1 Like

This request has been moved to feature request section , but since then I do not have any feedback from moderator…

@Thunkable_Staff : any update, this is something that was already requested 3 years ago and again last year, if you look in the community posts…
When can you put this feature on the roadmap ? A bit of transparency would be highly welcomed :slight_smile:

Thanks

This request has been acknowledged by our Product team but we don’t have any timeline for a release yet, however. I’ll have to update you here if I receive any news.

Thanks @matt_conroy
It will be great however to get an idea at least about the time line or a release…

To speak frankly, one of the main dilemma we have as “no-coder” is to chose amongst the most well-known platforms for fast development, because time is essence for us.

So by getting a rough timeline, we can decide if we are better of by switching amongst another great no-code platforn (since the market is already quite packed) and start again the learning curve, or wait a bit here. The difference with traditional coding tech is that the switching cost ( = the learning curve, for most of it) is not high, since we are talking about no-code platform…

and I’m sure you all know that…

So back to my question : an idea of the timeline or release for this very simple and so-many-times-required feature would be appreciated. :smiley:

I m just speaking honestly, no hard feeling
Thanks,
Steeve