[Solved] Error Publishing my app on Google Play Store

Yeah… this is the issue @domhnallohanlon and his team are trying to solve. Stay tuned.

Yes I filled the form but they rejected!

I have the same issue:
My components are:

• Alert
  • Camera
  • PushNotification
  • Sign in
  • RealtimeDB
  • MediaCloud
  • AdMob
  • Photo_Library
  • Local Storage
  • Sign In

I have recently succesfully published a very similar app to the one i’m trying to publish.
It was extremely similar, 90% similar blocks too.
The difference between the one I published and the one that got rejected are:

• Alert
  • Camera
  • Photo Library

So i guess the problem is in one of these components. Might be a good start point to see if other rejected apps have one of these 5 components?

Hope everything will be fixed soon for eveybody!

As far as I know it’s Push Notifications, but we’re continuing to look into all our components to make sure there are no permissions that don’t need to be there.

In the meantime, have you filled in the form on Google Play @maurizio.polverini89?

Yes i did. But i got rejected.

I have published my last app on the 13rd of November, it had push notifcation as component and it went through easily.

Oh - interesting! I haven’t seen one of these yet, do you mind sharing with us please?

Sure, but it’s Google’s store and we have to abide by they policies and guidelines.

It’s in italian, it basically asks:

• Does your app agree to location’s permission?
    – Yes, it does/No it doesn’t
  • What is the purpouse of your app?
  • Why does your app ask for location?
    – My app does’nt require location
  • Show a video where you explain how does your app work.
    – my website but with no video in it

Any Sugestion how can I explain in Video that my App need Access to Background Location, because I use AdMob in my App ???

An old post I made shows you how to remove these permissions using APK Editor Studio. It’s a little complicated, and not recommended for particularly non-technical people.

This is why many developers say no-code and low-code will never become mainstream. But with fantastic services like Thunkable, we can get most of the way there!

Here’s the link to my tutorial: Why is my app requesting permissions for contacts, camera, etc?

APK Editor Studio (free) https://qwertycube.com/apk-editor-studio

(please let me know if you’d like a video tutorial on this subject.)

1 Like

Thank you very Much I will try and reply to you :two_hearts::rose:

Hi, I uploaded an app on play store, two days ago and a message came today -

But I have neither added the location component, nor asked for any location permissions. So, what should I write here?
Does to run an app, thunkable needs location access in the background?

Please help!!

3 Likes

I have been facing the same issue. My app also has access to Background Location Permission, even though it doesn’t require it. Due to this I am not able to publish my app, as it does not satisfy with the New Google Play Policies for Developers.

Can we please have this issue fixed or we won’t be able to publish any app!?!

Unwanted Background Location Access - Please help me here as well

3 Likes

Have been facing the same issue on Thunkable. I have been making a lot of apps for children which are not getting published/getting deleted after getting published for the same reason. Thunkable must provide a way to disable unnecessary permissions and give us that control.

Request Thunkable team to get this resolved on priority as all app uploads have been halted as of now.

3 Likes

Hello!!
I am facing same issue in which I get location error while uploading applications on google play store. Almost of Apps which I upload on Google Play store are designed for Children below age 15. I am not using any component which will need location access still I guess by default it gets turned on while downloading an APK. Most of my Apps contain very basic components such as labels , buttons , web viewer etc. Kindly Help to resolve this issue!!
Prompt response from Thunkable Team would be highly appreciated
Thank you!

3 Likes

Did you see the screenshot that has been posted here

before uploading your apps that were later disabled?

For most of these apps, I did see this message. And I selected the second option as I knew about Thunkable keeping all permissions on by default. Should I have done otherwise? Please advice. Thanks

1 Like

I have been facing the same issue. Not able to upload any apps due to unnecessary permissions. Request Thunkable team to get this resolved asap.

2 Likes

I think you could just check Yes, since your app doesn’t use the location at all,
but if google says it does. you should probably explain them all the story, that you made it with thunkable and it shouldn’t ask for location.

Help them help you while you wait for thunkable team to reply back maybe.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that out as well for a few aps. However, upon selecting that, we get a clear warning that if Google does not feel that location is adding any value to the app, then the same would be removed anyways (even if you have declared it). Also when Google rejects any app, there aren’t many ways to reach out to them to explain the scenario. I usually upload multiple apps in a week, and I don’t think they would accept my requests repeatedly. So while this might work for one or two apps, I would still rely on Thunkable to resolve the issue.

However, thanks for your guidance. Really appreciate your response.

1 Like

Yes, even I have been facing this issue and getting emails from Google to change the permissions otherwise the app will be removed from the play store. Do provide some solution to fix this! Thank you

1 Like