Request for iOS Beta Testers

Feeling excited, I filled the request few days ago. I think I could be a beta tester…

2 Likes

Update:

We are finishing up the initial beta (will only have very limited number of features) that we plan to roll out to our Power Thunkers (most active users next week). Over the course of the next few weeks, we will slowly be adding more people to the beta based on how active they are on Thunkable and when they signed up for the beta. Please note it will take a few more months to have the all the features incorporated to make it on par with the Android version at which point we will have a full public launch. We look forward to getting this into everyone’s hands soon!

Keep on Thunking!

Amrita

14 Likes

Hi my name is andrew, I’m a designer working in manchester, UK. I’m loving thunkable and just wanted to say I’m really excited to be working on iOS. Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into your platform, and looking forward to being a contributor to the whole iOS experience :grin:

4 Likes

Hi Amrita

I am one of App inventors early ( 2014 ) subcribers.
I have build one app on App inventor.( on the Play store )
But just like the most App inventor app builders I was missing the possibility to develop ios apps aswell.
A few weeks ago i subscribe as a beta tester, in the hope that i would get an invatation to beta test the ios platform.

Best regards
Dinto

Hi Amrita,

I hope you don’t mind me asking. Is there any update on the IOS version of Thunkable beta release? I signed up for the beta list (when the list of signers was about 50 people). I am really looking forward to creating a version of the tourism app I’ve created I Love Rossendale’s Hidden Gems and have signed up for an Apple developer account in anticipation and am ready to publish to the store. I’m sure you guys are working as hard as you can, i can’t sit still waiting to create my app on IOS :grin:

Please don’t think me pushy, I’m just super excited! :blush:

1 Like

@FamousMrThomas The iOS version is currently in alpha testing to a few users, mainly Power Thunkers. In 1-2 weeks, it will be opened up to more users.

1 Like

I’m a power thinker, does that count! :slight_smile: Are you using it at the moment Conor? any juicy gossip?

1 Like

@FamousMrThomas It doesnt look like your a Power Thunker yet. Please talk to @amrita for more about being one. We arnt permitted to tell you anything about it or share screenshots but I can tell you that its going to be really cool and the interface is completely redesigned and awesome :smiley:

Get Hyped,
Luca

3 Likes

You’re not a Power Thunker. Power Thunkers are users that have Trust Level 3 are are then given a “Power Thunker” badge. You’re Trust Level 1…

Anyway, no I’m not using it because I don’t have a compatible Apple device. (I have an Apple device but it’s running an out-of-date iOS version).
I have seen it though and how to use it.

I’m not allowed to give anymore information though, sorry.

3 Likes

@amrita I am a apple user from years and a developer in the jailbreaking community… All i wanted is that there should have somekindof protection which a person with jailbreak cant hack… I will personally try too and let you know once the ios beta is out :smile::+1: Thanks :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Hey,
What do you exactly mean by this?

I mean anyone cannot access inbuilt files of the app to hack it

People could do this with android too though right?

1 Like

Yes, it’s actually quite easy to do as well.

1 Like

So Shouldn’t we fix android before the IOS one??

But releasing a fix for Android doesn’t necessarily mean a fix for iOS. What works here may not work there…

I am using the root checker extension for my new app (developing) and i check if a person has root and if the ans is true then app closes with a notifier saying cannot access the app…
Before releasing the app i will try myself hacking the app but as i have everything in firebase which is a web database there is no way a person could hack with root :smile:

I’m not sure you can. All APK files can be extracted. If it was possible to fix, most of the top companies (Google, Facebook, Twitter) would have. The only thing you can do is encrypt/hash strings so that when extracted they cannot be read.

Hi guys, the comment was just meant as a play on words (thinker not Thunker). Sorry if it caused an audit.

Thanks for the small update. I’m doing some more training on Thunkable for Android so hopefully by the time the IOS comes out i should know Kung Fu!

4 Likes

Haha! I thought it was a typo :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes