First Of all, open figma.com

Click Log In With Google

Click the Plus Icon in front of Drafts.

Now click the Icon icon.

In it Select Frame.

Then you will see this-

Click Android.

Now in the screen, create the design of your choice
by clicking square icon. Under That, u can see all shapes.
Options
Please note only to add text or Place image in the project

Synchronizing with Thunkable X

Now that you have done funking let us synchronize figma with Thunkable.

New Project

Note : Please tick the box in front of Try it Out. It is not appearing in the screenshot because of a technical issue.

Now, Click the Image Like Icon.

Click the add button in front of Figma Files.

Jump to Figma for a sec and open your Project.

And Tick the box infront of android 1
Now click add as screen.

You are done!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!
This gives thunkable a huge competitive advantage vs adalo and bravo
You made me go back to thunkable ^^

2 Likes

Done with what? That imports the Figma file. But do the objects I’ve created in Figma become actual components in Thunkable? Or is it just a visual template/grid that I can use to then drag components on top of?

Oh… i totally forgot to mention.

Tick android 1 and add as screen

I will add it.

Thanks

@tatiang

I Guess it is a visual template…i mean more of that… but components like Place Images and text which are supported in thunkable could be edited with the blocks figma section.

3 Likes

Hi, what do you mean with ‘Tick Android 1’? Where can I find that?

Hi all,

I add my figma desing on new UI. When I select the screen to add the thunkable from the asset menu, I couldn’t do anything on the screen. There is a too much delay. Did u get it? And how to delete figma file from the asset?

2 Likes

I tried importing Figma file as a screen in Thunkable but the result was not at all usable. I did not find any option to remove it from asset list.

2 Likes

It is explained in the tutorial.

Sorry for the late reply

4 posts were split to a new topic: How do I import designs from figma?

Great question @tatiang - for any element or vector that you import from Figma you can choose in Thunkable which component to assign it to with the following dialog:

figma_assign_component

Even without going through this step the blocks section for each imported component will allow you do things like event handling that you can do with our built-in UI components:

figma_assign_event

cc: @muneer @tchind

@lukas_b_98knm - this is just referring to the frame size you should use in Figma. My preference is to use a frame that’s the same size as the phone screen in Thunkable, we can handle all the scaling from there.

figma_frame_size

Can you share your Figma file @cihan please? It’s hard to say what’s happening here without seeing the file structure

1 Like

I figured this myself but I had what I can refer to as click sensitivity issue. When you have a rectangle inside another it becomes hard, at least for me, to select one of them in Thunkable designer. Is this something you encountered?

I know this is a side issue but I think it’s an important one for maybe a separate topic or bug report. Selecting one component when two or more components are overlapped is much harder than I expect each time. It seems like the tolerance for where you click to select a component might be too much. So when I have the top-left point of my mouse cursor on top of a component that is behind another, it doesn’t always select it; it often selects the component in front even though my cursor doesn’t seem to be touching it. I know, hard to picture!

1 Like