[Solved] Can I run Thunkable apps in the background when they’re not visible on the screen?

Greetings,

It’s been quite a while since I looked at Thunkable. Can you tell me if Thunkable apps can now run in the background?

Thanks.

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully in the future it will be available.

Are there any plans to add this feature. It seems a lot of people are looking for it.

1 Like

Yes I’d like to know about this, are there any plans?

Most apps don’t actually run in the background, they just hang out

I believe having an app run in the background requires extra certification (at least for Apple apps). AFAIK this ability isn’t on the roadmap for now.

Okay thank you, good to know about the iOS apps.

The closest you will get is local storage and retrieval of variables to keep a virtually constant instance of an app. But the user still has to open and close the app.
I would love to see this as well.

Hi Jared,

Any update on this? The ability to run in the background would be a key component for my project and I’m sure many others as well. It would be an excellent feature.

No. Same as my last post this is not on our road map. Usually this requires custom coding and extra permissions provided by Apple per app. The way that we build our apps within require everybody to have to do that. So at this time we don’t have the resources to add that as a feature.

1 Like