[Solved] Error Publishing my app on Google Play Store

I’m sending my app to revise right now, hopefully i can tell you something within two days

2 Likes

i a gree

in the requested permissions of the relise I don’t find “BACK_GROUND_LOCATION” so I think it’s solved thanks

1 Like

Hi, unfortunatly i experienced the same problem again:

This is the answer from Google Play Store:

Does your app use the location sensor/Map/BLE component? If not, can you DM about project link?

Wei

No, it doesn’t at all

these are my components:

I DM you. @wei

Thank you for your help

Did you build and submit a new apk to the Google play store?

Wei

Yes I certanly did.
I’m 110% sure that’s the newest file and the latest I have downloaded from thunkable.

I am sure there is no request of location from your app apk manifest. What did Google say when you submit a new APK to the play store?

Wei

1 Like

It sent my apk to review at 23:34, at 00:16 i received the mail from Google, the same mail i have quoted you few messages ago. A bit early, it has been such a quick response, if I can say; usually Play Store takes few hourse/days.

Nothing else.

1 Like

Let’s wait to hear what others have to say.

Wei

1 Like

@wei I think it has been fixed. While I was uploading my APK, I didn’t receive any error regarding Background Location Access while earlier I was receiving such errors.

I can confirm it to you within 2-3 days.

2 Likes

Does it still ask for a location permission with a WebViewer component? Just wanted to be sure before we try it out to avoid confusion. Thanks

1 Like

@wei it would seem to have worked because if I go to the submission form in “Authorization declarations” relating to geolocation and try to see which relise have the problem, the one added after the fix is ​​not there, so consequently it does not contain the request for the resource geolocation, it would automatically appear to be fixed.
I will confirm in 1/2 days

1 Like

No - it shouldn’t do this any more. Can you let us know if you encounter any issues?

Awesome, thanks @Jason_Priore!!

@maurizio.polverini89 - if you try download/update again now, does it work for you?

1 Like

Sure. As of now it is not showing the error while uploading. We will surely write to you again in case we face any issues.

A hearty thanks to the Thunkable team for the efforts put, and for the prompt solution.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Just to close out this topic - the engineering team were able to get a fix out for this yesterday and everything seems to be working as expected again when publishing apps now.

Please leave a like here if it’s working for you and if any new issues arise, please create a new topic and @ me.

Thanks!

cc: @agha96mujm @Deluxe @bmh1974 @sinu.mathewj @isazaly @strazco @drted @prottomakers @roumak-coder, @aditya.paul, @dishanklz6pq, @amit.apte47, @vinit932vj5xfp, @mashrupurvang199718t, @milanc, @nidhivsvijanrzhpph @vinit.salian1997kj6 @amit.apte47 @murtazag01235baora @emregoker @maurizio.polverini89 @ayushkar04027e4eba @dishanklz6pq @Jason_Priore

Also thanks to @maxb and @appspark.uk for helping out with troubleshooting and suggestions here too.

6 Likes

Hi , many of us are facing similar issue due to Google’s new location permission policy. 5 of my apps doesn’t need any sort of location access but the ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION permission is turned on in all the 5 APKs downloaded from Thunkable. Can we get some help?

I am having the same issue. How did u resolve?

@sinu.mathewj @youngachievers

Please see the post above:

3 Likes