[Solved] How To View As A Responsive Web App On DnD?

Previously to take screenshots of my app I would view my app as a Responsive Web App. I would then Inspect Element that page and take the relevant screenshots.

I am now using DnD and I am trying to take screenshots of my app using the method of using Web Preview then Inspect Elelement but it is not showing the app, only the Thunkable platform.

How do you view the app as a Responsive Web App on DnD? Or how do you take screenshots using DnD?

2 Likes

Check this menu

1 Like

Hi Muneer

Thank you very much for your update. I appreciate it.

This works and I am able to open the app in the Responsive Web App.

However, I have encountered an issue where I am able to change the size of the device (iPhone X, iPad Pro, etc) but the app itself doesn’t change to fit the relevant device.

This photo shows it -

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Use this option

Hello everyone.
Does Anyone know a way to view My project as a responsive web app in the DnD UI?
OR if this is coming?
Thanks

1 Like

Does any one know a way to Use view as responsive web app in the DnD UI?

1 Like

You can’t but you can pop out the preview and have a side-by-side view.

Yes i know that but that doesn’t really tell me how My apps looks on different devices.

1 Like

Other than using the legacy ui instead, could you try publishing it as a web app and seeing how it looks? I know it is not the most convenient.

I know I can do that but that isn’t really handy to do.
Since I don’t want to leak the project and why should I publish a unfinished project.

And that’s not possible for non PRO Thunkers.

Hey @davidmcculloch :wave:

We’ve just updated the flow for this so you can choose between a Responsive Web App and a Mobile Web App at the time of publishing.

Hope this is an improvement to your user experience!

cc: @muneer @sketch @cyberdriver @codeswept

2 Likes

Thanks @domhnallohanlon but i want to do IT like the legacy UI has whitout paying.
So i have a beter look of different screen sizes.

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon he wants to be able to test as responsive web app in the DnD UI.

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

I just figured out it’s possible!

2 Likes

No that only previews in a new tab.
With the phone mock up.

2 Likes

I figured it out: go to the Thunkable project page. Click the preview button, then the preview as responsive web app button. Then to update it, just reload the page.
thunkable
Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks!!
It does

2 Likes