How do I make images saved to Stored Variables persist between app updates?

Hi @dani19130a

I’m revisiting your post again because as per your test, the picture file disappears but the stored variables persist.

If this is the case then saving the actual image as a stored variable should solve the issue. You see, now, you use the stored variables to save the link or path to the image in the user’s device and for some reason iOS removes or breaks such links on update but if you store the actual image in the variable then if will persist between updates.

You can use my demo app to convert the file to Base64 and save the Base64 string to the stored variable.

2 Likes

Awesome :clap:

Thank you @muneer

as I said before I made some test with your javascript but it is not working very well on Android. Sometimes the receive message function does not raise.

So, what I’m trying to do right now is to

• upload the photo to cloudinary
  • use a backend api to retrieve the photo from cloudinary, trasforming it into base 64 format and then delete the photo from cloudinary
  • return the base 64 to the app

I’m using the platform Backendless for the api, if everything will work properly I would like to share some code snippet of Backendless here in this conversation.

Please, let me know if it is possible to do that (I’m wondering if sharing code of another platform violates some rule) in order to help the community to solve the issue.

I will let you know
Regards,
D

1 Like

That would be great. If you are using DnD then there is a File Picker which you can use.

About Code Snippet Sharing, It is OK to post here as long as it is Thunkable related and the source of the Snippet does allow this kind of sharing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.