[Superpost] In app purchases and subscriptions for IOS and Android

how can i use stripe api for in app purchases? thnks

Hi @zjohnny9287b, welcome to the community!

IAPs need to be done through Apple/Google payments (depending on the store you’ve published your app in)

We should have an IAP component available for testing early next year.

What sort of app are you building?
What sort of goods/products are you selling?

Thanks!

4 Likes

I built a study and information app for a specific job where I propose progressive study packages and sale of the equipment of the trade. for now it is still at the base but I would like to implement it over time. I hope we have an update for in app purchases soon! thanks

1 Like

Dear Thunkable staff, can you please advise of a time frame to this feature that you lately posted in your release notes?

4 Likes

yay now in app purchases component will come

1 Like

Dear @luv.ak.tech,

I requested Thunkable staff to give us an idea of the time frame to deliver this component. Apparently, this has not been answered yet but you marked the issue as [Solved]??? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s difficult for them to give a timeframe. They need to test everything and make sure it works. As soon as they are confident things are working they will release the update. There is little delay between them finishing their final tests and the release.

So it all comes down to how long it will take to create the update and thoroughly test it. This is anybody’s guess, even they can’t give a firm answer as they might run into unexpected problems. By giving timeframes they will have to work towards a public deadline and risk rushing things, or they will have to release a proper update which may be late and then they’ll be accused of not keeping their promises.

The best we can hope for is that it’s as soon as possible, but most importantly it works.

3 Likes

sorry i thought that it is coming

1 Like

Copied from a different ticket

1 Like

Does anyone have any information what is happening with this feature? I ask because it no longer appears in “coming soon”

2 Likes

Oh! That sucks. In app purchases sounds really cool. Can’t wait to see something like this back in Thunkable.

Thanks for the clarification @domhnallohanlon

2 Likes

No problem Eoin.

Hopefully you can continue creating and promoting your project and then monetise later on when this component is released!

3 Likes

Any news on In app payments?

Keep a eye in Release Notes. There is a lot more to come before this feature. But keep checking the link previously stated

kept me eye on release notes for the better part of a year and… No mention of this feature or something similar anywhere in sight… :frowning:

Yeah, same.

Same :frowning:

Looking forward to this! :blush::+1:

1 Like

Can I have a paypal button or something similar in the app?

1 Like

It’s not difficult to integrate paypal or any other external payment processor by using Openlink block to navigate to Payment API. But Google will remove your app if you don’t use Google Pay. Not sure if Apple Store will approve external Payment processing either. This is because they charge their commissions too. We’ll love to see Google Pay blocks and Apple Stores payment blocks here.