iOS for Thunkable

Well, that’s too bad. I’m sure someone will develop an extension for doing so…

2 Likes

I belive the .aix is in xml, so if the apple files are also in xml, then it should be converted

2 Likes

I don’t think so. There are many different functions in IOS that are different in Android. And it was already explained by the Admins.

2 Likes

We will see what we can do when the update is there.

I’ve just been reading over the previous comments, and whilst it’s great that the Thunkable team are going to be releasing Thunkable for iPhone (or whatever name they come up with), I must re-iterate something that I mentioned before.

For any of us to get apps into the Apple App Store, we’d be needing to pay $99 per year, now, I for one cannot afford that sort of fee, and I’m guessing (more like making a massive assumption) that many of you wouldn’t be able to afford that sort of fee.

So, what I’m wondering is:

• How would we be able to publish apps?

• Is it going to be sideloaded (if so, would that be the same as installing Cydia and jailbreaking?)

• If anyone is willing to pay that exorbitant fee (thanks Apple), the app will have so many ads in it to pay for said fee.

Well, that’s my two cents for the day. Thanks for reading.
If any of you have anything to add, or criticise, then please do. I’m open to ideas.

Colin :grinning:

3 Likes

There are a lot of good points there Colin, I might move this to its own topic though, because I imagine lots of people will have an opinion on this.

In fact many of you will​ be eligible for free developer accounts through the University program:

Given the recent announcement of Swift Playgrounds, the proliferation of iPads in schools and Apple finally embracing open code I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar initiative for high schools in the not too distant future.

You can legitimately side-load apps for a while now:

You can charge for your app! :grinning:

Anyway, you make good points, but if anything I think that Thunkable for iOS will make developing for iPhone more accessible than it currently is and allow a huge amount of people to learn iOS development​ that wouldn’t have had the chance before. Personally I think it’s a step in the right direction. Roll on beta testing!!

5 Likes

What about Amazon App Store?
Its free and you should be able to put apps into the app store with ease(I’ve only tried with android apps)

2 Likes

You can publish APKs to the Amazon App Store for free. I have done so.

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen, there is no Amazon App Store for iPhone.

Sorry :disappointed:

Yes, that is pretty obvious. In fact, it is not possible to run apk files in iOS. Only Apple’s official App Store is supported.

1 Like

Oh yeah, thought this was an android thing.

Yeah. Apple is really closed, and you can only publish to their Main App Store. A jailbreak is needed to download from anything else. That’s why Android is better lol.

3 Likes

is there a countdown?

Not yet and there isn’t a plan to be one. Although it would be cool. I could make one once the date is released.

2 Likes

Yeah android runs apk
And ios runs its own ipa :smile:

3 Likes

I would be awesome!!!

I can’t wait for this to be released!

2 Likes

Hi all!

I would like to pose this questions:

• Will be thunkable for iOS free, apart from the price to be published?
  • Will be push notifications service for iOS and Android soon?

Thanks for this great job!

2 Likes

Hey @Xavi_Falco! IOS will be free (As Far As I Know) and the Thunkable Team has said they are working on Push Notifications although I dont think IOS will have them right away.

2 Likes

The million dollar question! Will we be able to transfer and run andriod aia file for IOS thunkable?Or will we have to build the same application from the beginning? :innocent:

Please look at the iOS FAQ - iOS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

You will have to build the same application from the beginning.

1 Like