[Reopened] Keyboard changes screen layout

Same issue here. Happened recently to my apps without changing anything. The extra white space when the keyboard if up causes issues for inputs and button. Only happens to Android though. iphone seemed ok. Looks like its another issue after the V202 update.

1 Like

Somebody can help me with this?
I’m getting this problem when I use the textinput, when it get focus, a white box shows up.

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay following up here - I just wanted to let you know that we’ve been able to reproduce the issue on our end and are working on getting a fix out for this.

Here’s a link to the Github ticket so you can keep track of progress. We’ll update you all here too as we have more information to hand.

In the meantime, if you see any other users mentioning this issue, please point them towards this topic so we can keep everyone in the loop.

Thanks again for your patience in relation to this.

cc: @id.salazar88zrunh @saramdl.gaunde021 @Leito @lamagalhaes @newman1994211pt @davidcasasabajory @kizzy @gobassky @rynaldegabriel

2 Likes

Goodnight, I’m a little story about my problem. So in the beginning, exactly before June 12, 2020, my application development on Thunkbale had no problems.

But on June 19, 2020, I tried to develop my application in thunkable, suddenly my application display was a mess. Ie when the application displays the keyboard, the application display automatically pushed upwards. I have tried my hardest to try to improve my application but until now it still hasn’t worked.

Please help my friends, and also from the Thunkable party, please provide a solution to my problem. Thanks.

same same with me. squashed.
got fed up and made my own keyboard instead till the issue is fixed.
broadtek

2 Likes

Thank you @domhnallohanlon
Than you all for your effort!!

This is an amazing plattform

1 Like

So just today when I go to enter text on Thunkable Live using my Android, a white square comes up above the keyboard and deforms the screen. I wasn’t noticing this issue yesterday and there is no problem with my iOS device. I tried some other community projects and the same thing occurs. I am relatively new to android so I am wondering if this may be something I did on my device or if it is something in the code?

this a new bug been complaining since Monday

2 Likes

Same here. I 've updated for the 203 version, but this bug still occurred.

Never mind line still there

Ya, Same problem happening.

Tagging, I think can solve

Please help,

1 Like

Yeah I had no luck with the new update either

Thanks @tobi, but tagging 100+ people isn’t the solution in this case. :joy: We’ve got a few fires to fight at the moment and we’re working our way through them.

@wagnerwillianx6 - the issue with the live app crashing is a separate issue to this keyboard issue. It’s possibly a bug with the Screen component, or the Text Input itself. Thankfully the issue with Thunkable Live should now be resolved so we can dedicate more resources to this issue.

Thanks.

@huntermclarkn pretty sure this one is on us. Thanks for flagging. We’re going to keep all the keyboard related questions here to make it easier for everyone to follow progress and updates.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Hi,

When testing our app (either via Thunkable Live or native) the text input compresses everything to the top of the screen. This happens on every screen.

I noticed this issue a few days ago.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem to this or have a suggestion on what might be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Yup, associated with the extra white spaces above the keyboard, many of us have raised to the team after the latest V202 update. The thunkable team is working on this, hopefully to see the fix soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out! Much appreciated.

Thanks @gobassky

We’re dedicating more resources to this today.

Thanks for flagging this @loyaltapdevtpih, I’ve moved you question to the main topic about this so that it’s easier for us all to follow and track.

No problem, Sorry for having created a whole separate discussion section. Should have gone through a bit better. Thank you guys for being on top of everything as always :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hello friends, I hope you are very well.

I would like to know if any of you have had this problem? started a few days ago. Pressing a text input opens the keyboard but deconfigures the entire screen.

This does not happen in thunkable live, only when installing the app on android, I have not tested on iOS.

I leave a comparison image.

1 Like