How to use Firebase in iOS without Get-Taglist-Component?

@emilio1, if you look at the project that I linked to in my previous reply, you’ll see that I’m using cloud variables with user generated content (i.e., from a Text Input component).

-Mark

@Mark but they can add in number too that’s why i need to get all the childrens of a parent as a list when i click a button. The content is user generated that means that the parent can have 4 childrens now and after 30 min 20 childrens. The idea of the taglist function works as a logic but i dont know why i cant make it work in my project.
@User81

Hi,

Did you manage to solve your problem? If not, then I can think about it, if you give a textual structure of the data and what you need to get from it and in what form.

Hi @actech,

The taglist function is supposed to do the work but for some reason isn’t working.

The steps are like this:
Press button
get parent from realtime_db
get childrens from that parent and put them in a list
access the variable of the children with realtime_db.get() and location parent/Child_from_list
do something with that variable

Note that childrens can add and remove in number. One time they will be for example 4 childrens and next time 10. We need to get what parent have inside each time that we press the button. And then put the childrens in a list.

I hope i was clear

Thank you

Clear. Can you give me a link to your project? Without this, it is very difficult to understand the problem. Or I need a file with JSON data so that I can download it from my database and work with the data.

From FireBase, you can export data to a JSON file. I need this data for work.

Hi @actech,

{
“updatedList” : {
“asduhwibe8ifbiw3ibfss” : “I just came here update me to the list”,
“ihadiubew9r7g3rdf8egffa” : “Also information”,
“ohe92uh2dnqn9hu2q8fgre9d” : “Other user information”,
“ondaihudiwnd9he329h23rir” : “information”
}
}

This will be the json file. Did you understood clearly what i want to archive?

In the example below, child elements are added to the list and the child’s value is displayed when a list item is selected. What else needs to be done?

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5bfd8f360834366be5f21dbc/project/properties/designer/

1 Like

Thank you! This was enough :smile:

P.S. Nice website. I’m reading your last article with google translate

Thank you for your feedback about my site. Hope google translator translates the information clearly. :sunglasses:

Actually, it looks like the translation is good. I am surprised :sweat_smile:. Maybe you want to include the google translate component in your website

I tried this service on my website, but in the mobile viewing mode the translator panel covers the site navigation panel. I’ll think about how to fix this.

On the other hand, the user can install a translator plugin in his browser and use it.

1 Like

Hello I have almost the same problem but my situation is a bit more complicated …
my app interfaces with firebase which is composed as follows:

il file json che produce è questo:
{“articoli”:
{
“art1” : {
“contenuto” : “contenuto articolo”,
“css” : " css",
“data” : “04/01/18”,
“titolo” : “titolo articolo”
},
“art2” : {
“css” : “”,
“data” : “08/01/18”,
},
“art3” : {
“data” : “12/01/18”,
},
“art4” : {
“data” : “20/01/18”,
}
}

}

My need would be to put art1, art2 etc in a list viewer and when you click on it you have to open the whole article with the title etc.
I tried to use the same solution but it does not go …
Help me please…

Your example on the screen scrJSON button Complex.

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5be813b36245ad2916513266/Stack_Navigator1/designer

Thank you very much … I will never stop thanking you

Hey actech thanks for your help to all of us.

I think this example could help me too

(I have a firebase main tag: Clients, that gets updated as people use the app, and I’d like to update a list of the clients in real time as they add themselves to the list)

but I can’t open this link you sent, can you help me?

Hey

This project is now available by reference.

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5cd84f23e3097f3353fdad45/project/properties/designer/

It has screens with examples of FireBase, JSON, etc.

1 Like

THanks again,
I’m studying it/copying,

I’ve come to the point of _tmpList and _tmpObject variables, which are not app, nor stored nor cloud variables; what are those?

Nice, the ‘articoles’ example worked, but i get the tag I want and another value, always the same:

List:
1 - Name 1 (ok)
2 - Mocked (word in the content)
3 - Name 2 (ok)
4 - Mocked (same)
5 - Name 3 (ok)
6 - Mocked (and so on)

I’ll check the Json to understand if it can be solved, it’s not so easy to study ^^

1. I use blocks of variables that are created from a function block when you add a parameter to it.

2. Your picture shows a structure called a collection of objects. It is much more difficult to work with such a structure than with a list of objects. My example scrFireBase shows the difference.

Yes, to work with Firebase you need to know JSON well. There is nothing complicated, because JSON resembles a file structure - folders and files.

1 Like

Thanks,
can I ask you why do you use the function variables blocks?

I also tried your array example but didn’t work, maybe I made something wrong? Should it work with my firebase structure? EDIT, THIS IS MY FIX:

Since we are talking, I am implementing an SMS OTP authentications through a third party service, can i create firebase security rules without the email sign in but only SMS OTP?

I’ll try to have a look at your site in the meanwhile, thanks again, you are very useful!

I use function variable blocks to reduce the number of global variables that are visible on all screens and pollute the global namespace.

Let’s take it in order. Does my example work for you or not? If it does not work, then please write me and tell me what is not working. Then I can fix it.