Help with Stack Navigator

Ok I just noticed this: The top tab navigator does not reveal the “Tab Bar Visible” option for the screens it hosts. Instead the bottom tab navigator does:

Same screen in the Bottom and the Top Tab Navigator

Here is how to reproduce the bug:

1. Create a Top Tab Navigator and a Bottom Tab Navigator. Notice that the screens under the Top Tab Navigator are missing the “Tab Bar Visible” option and that the screens under the Button Tab Navigator aren’t.
  2. Drag a screen from the Bottom Tab Navigator and drop it into the Top Tab Navigator. You will notice that the “Tab Bar Visible” option is still there. However, if you click another screen in the Top Tab Navigator and then click back the screen you moved from the Bottom Tab Navigator, you will see that the option is missing!
  3. Move the screen back to the Bottom Tab Navigator, click another screen under the Bottom Tab Navigator and then click the one you moved back again. Presto! The option is available again.

You can repeat the same process with a screen from the Top Tab Navigator and you will come to the conclusion that the bug impacts the Top Tab Navigator. When the “Tab Bar Visible” option is available and switched to “false”, there is no blank space at the bottom of the screen and in the same way, if it would be available for the Top Tab Navigator, it would (should) not have the blank space on the top of the screen either.

I will keep looking for bugs impacting the navigators. I hope the above helps.

EDIT: So it appears that my previous references to “tab bar navigator implementations” were somehow correct. Check out how different the Top and Bottom Tab Navigator options are:

K

2 Likes