[Solved] While testing on the phone I get error message as something gone wrong

Hi All,

App is working well on the laptop but when I test it on the phone i get error message as something has gone wrong, check your block. Have shared the screenshot.

sharing the blocks

To be honest I don’t know , could you kindly assist?

Regards,
Sasi Preetha

At what point does it crash? Does that happen when the screen first opens or when you click a certain button?

Are you using a Navigator? Are you using a Web Viewer? What type of phone are you testing on?

What happens if you move the Screen1first screen to be the first screen in the list of screens instead of the last as it is in your screenshot?

What happens if you remove all of the zero (0) blocks?

At what point does it crash? Does that happen when the screen first opens or when you click a certain button? when screen opens

Are you using a Navigator? Are you using a Web Viewer? What type of phone are you testing on? via Thunkable live app on Andriod phone

What happens if you move the Screen1first screen to be the first screen in the list of screens instead of the last as it is in your screenshot? That works truly. I did try before posting it here.

What happens if you remove all of the zero (0) blocks? I left it blank before and tested on phone then I get the same error message later i put zero even then i get the same error message.

Its bit strange

If the crash occurs only when the screen is not the first screen in the list then the crash is probably happening on the screen before Screen1first.

Can you post a link to your project?

Thunkable.

Here is the link

Interesting… if I change the Navigate block on the splash screen to go to the Screen1first screen, it crashes. If I delete all of the blocks on the Screen1first screen, it still crashes! I would create a new screen and add the blocks you need that are on the Screen1first screen. My best guess is that the existing screen is corrupt somehow!

It’s probably worth contacting Support about this since – as you said – it works in a browser but not on a mobile device (it crashes on my iPhone 11).

Thank you for your time to find the cause of the problem and share your input. Much appreciated!.

Support team does not answer relevant to the question will ask but will ask them as per your suggestion.

Sure will create new screen and replica the existing blocks…let’s see. Will keep you posted.

I tried creating different screen and had put a label - Hi. I did work. After applying the blocks I got the same error message while testing it on phone. Does it mean some thing wrong in the block? butits works on laptop.

After spending so many hours. Then I decalred the variables with new names and new design elements on new screen then it did work. Finally resolved. Thank you so much for your input.

1 Like

There’s something about one of the rows (perhaps an image filename?) on Screen1first that causes the crash. I’m not exactly sure which row but as I delete them (and other things from your project), I can cause the crash to go away.

For example, here’s a modified version that does not crash:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/f392fc83cf2c4fbe547202a6b77025bc

1 Like

@tatiang @sasi.preethag3yh We have seen where an app will crash upon navigating to another screen if an image file name contains text other than the name of a file you have uploaded into your project. Definitely check that and see if that corrects the issue.

2 Likes

That’s helpful to know. The weird thing with that particular project is that as I delete empty rows, the crash goes away. I’m tempted to say it’s a browser cache issue and that the actual cause is image-related as you mentioned. But in testing it twice now, it’s the removal of the rows (after also removing images and invisible components from the project) that fixes the crash.

@conroy33 Here’s an example of a stripped down version of the project that still crashes but as you delete components, it no longer crashes:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/672e63d328e399335d8a073bdf939b3b

@tatiang @sasi.preethag3yh I’ve isolated the issue here. In the Text_Input1appliance text input component, the hint and text are set to undefined. This is a known issue for StP projects. So deleting that component would stop it from crashing. Click in those inputs again so that they change to Empty String and the app will not crash anymore.
Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 2.23.51 PM

3 Likes

Nice teamwork! Thanks for getting to the bottom of that.

1 Like

You are 100% correct. After it changed to Empty String, app did work on Phone. Yahoo!.

I truly appreciate your time to deep dive into this problem and found the cause of the problem. Much Appreciated!

Thanks again.

1 Like

I second it.

Yes, the row which you deleted is that the textinput which had undefined. Thank you so much for your time:)