Version numbering of Extensions

Some of the popular and actively developed extensions seem to evolve every few weeks. It becomes challenging to keep track of the versions based purely on their date of download and file size. Is there some version numbering available for Extensions, that I might not be aware of ?

1 Like

i agree with you. some are very hard to keep track of not to even talk about the latest.

1 Like

actually there is a VERSION tag of the extension, however usually it just got a “1” in it all the time :joy:

Also, some developers may got them-selves a git repo. but not everyone do this when developing.

Sure… but I guess setting the VERSION tag manually by incrementing it by 1, would be fairly simple (done at a single place) ? If so, could it be documented as part of a Extension developer checklist or something ? Of course, it doesn’t guarantee compliance.

yep it just a inner tag that not show in public (though it is “public” in java)
it is a good question that need to be noticed, Thanks for your advising, i may go and submit an issue on Github
ColinTree

1 Like

i had sent the issue, and i believe the developers can mention it…
or i need to do the pull request myself :joy:

it takes time to be fixed up, and upgraded in thunkable.

be patient~

ColinTree

1 Like

I’ve talked about this issue before and no one seemed to really care. We have to go through all topics and replies only to find if there is a new version of an extension:

How about updating the post title and adding the date of the latest version there like this:

Label add-on Extension Update (02/09/2017)

1 Like