UDP client extension

extension

hello the timeout is the waiting time for the reply of a message if it is not answered closes the connection

many thanks,
in seconds ? milliseconds ?

Is ms

Hello,
I want to create an app to receive UDP messages filled with sensor data from an ESP8266. The app should receive the data and transfer the information into progress bar and numeric value outputs. Can I use either the UDP client or UDP server extension for this job? Thanks for your help!
FM

the client extension only allows to send information and udp server enables a port to receive messages personally i like to work with mqtt for developments with esp8266

Thanks for your reply. I use the ESP8266 only for testing purpose to generate UDP packages.
I would like try your UDP server extension. What is the process to get it?

these are the characteristics and the follow-up to the extension server udp link paypal.me/andrescotes 15 usd

mqtt extension

Hi Mr.Andres_Cotes
First of all, thank you for sharing your extension.
I’m having problems with your extension update.
I sent a packet to the server but I and the server sent the reply but the answer received on the application just received “nada”. Previously I used the old extension and it sent and received normally but it will fail when the connection is lost.
please support me
thank you

Hi,Sir.
I failed use it send a message to IP 255.255.255.255.That is BUG?
And I want get MQTT TCP/IP Extension ,but I not use paypal. Can I use Wechat Pay or AliPay?
[email protected]

@Andres_Cotes thank you for this great extension!
But i have problem with response from UDP server. When I send packet to some ip where there is NO server i still get “response” and clientudp.received is triggered with last received message from exist server.
Eg.

Send message to existing server on 192.168.1.5, got reply with text “random reply from server”.
Change ip in clientudp to 192.168.1.200 where is no any machine in network with this adress.
Send message, and still “got reply” (clientudp.received is triggered) with before text “random reply from server”.

Any advices?
Thanks!

How can I make the delay between each UDP message shorter?

I have 2 buttons to send 2 strings. Like A_button send led_on, B_button send led_off. The issue was this extension didn’t send strings fast enough. When I pressed the buttons quickly, like less than 1 second, there were some messages will be missed to send out.

Is anyone have same problem like that?

Is it possible to add in delay attribute for UDPClient.send() ?

Thank you.

Servus Harry!

This is a problem that the header is not properly configured and evaluated. Andres does not seem to know this option from UPD? He promised, however, to solve this problem.
Know this from your own experience. It took a long time to properly configure and use the UPD class of Adruino and ESP8266.
Sowas usually need a few days until you see through, what you do wrong. Guess, in Java that’s not much different?

Very nice extension, thank you!
However, I have one problem:
I need to send some special characters like 0x91 and 0x12.
Is there any way to send raw hex data or any other special characters other than \r and \n?
How can I send hex values like 91 and 12?

A friendly hobbyist who is proficient in Java has created a working UDP extension for me and for his project. Everything works. Even error codes can be read out separately. Naturally also the local IP queried, as well as answer haven and Ip of the sender are read from the header of the incoming message. Of course, the header of the outgoing message is also created and transmitted correctly.

So is no longer needed this extension. I’m sorry for you Andres.

Download at http://bienonline.magix.net/public/android-AI2-UDP.html

Everything open source.
So everyone can see for themselves whether he can still improve something.

thank you very much @Johannes_der_Wildwes for the contribution to the community is excellent your extension I like that you have served the information that you send and wake up the development of extensions and I put the link in the first post

I also think that you should create a new post so @taifun can add the information to the extensions directory

regards

Andres Cotes

Hi Andres_Cotes,

Can you please improve the delay issue? Thank you.

Hello Andres,
Thank you for your extensions.
I am looking for an extension that can “telnet” to some older equipment.
Some equipment only accept telnet commands.

For example:
IP :192.168.1.xx
port: 23 ( 24, 6742 and etc)
data: “command 1”

Please kindly let us know if this possible or what it would require for development
Thank you
Bob

hello, you mean this

Hello Andres,
Thank you kindly for the quick response.
Yes, that is the idea! But we just need the “telnet block” so we can drag into our own projects

here is what we need:

1. We just need a Telnet Client “block” that allows us to import and assign to a button.

Then when we press the BUTTON, the command can be sent to the ip address using TELNET.

For example,
We tried the UDP client extension, but i think that is not the correct one for our application.

thank you @Johannes_der_Wildwes for your contribution, I now added the extension into my extensions directory

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.