Thunkable Classic Issues?


Hi @Thunkable team,

Is there a problem with the Classic platform the last 24 hours?

I get an error for all my projects that screens are not loading properly and that changes in blocks will not be saved…

I also get a DX execution failure upon compiling apps (apps that had no problems in compiling a couple of days ago with no errors in blocks and no changes in terms of adding new components or new blocks)

Can someone take a look and let us know?
Thank you in advance.



Sorry about your issues. It’s unclear to us what is causing the initial “blocks not saved” message for a project. However, you can usually get around the problem whereby that message becomes infectious and causes all other projects to show the message by just doing a hard browser reload on a different project or the project list page. Unfortunately, that doesn’t fix the problem with the initial project.

Let me know if this helps!



I have made a copy of my project about a week ago and I have managed to compile it so as to test it before uploading to playstore as new version.

Since the copy I have no changes made and today I tried to compile it again (because I accidentally deleted the apk) and I get

Thunkable is unable to compile this app.
The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating values xml
________Creating animation xml
________Creating fragment xml
________Creating external xml
________Creating style xml
________Generating manifest file
________Attaching native libraries
________Attaching Android Archive (AAR) libraries
________Attaching component assets
________Attaching ttf files
________Attaching project-info.txt file
________Invoking AAPT
AAPT time: 0.656 seconds
________Compiling source files
(compiling com/lgkikas/AccountsManager/Screen1.yail to com.lgkikas.AccountsManager.Screen1)
(compiling /tmp/runtime4622456859004945506.scm to
Kawa compile time: 6.298 seconds
________Invoking DX
YAIL compiler - DX execution failed.

In case I had made changes since the last successful compile I understand the potential disability to compile the apk but I have not made any changes at all. No blocks errors also! So what is the problem???

Also in the past I had DX execution errors that had more info on what was causing the problem this one I do not get.

What on earth is going on? Is there any Thunkable team member that is available to help?

Thank you in advance.


I have the same problem


But no response from @thunkable


Can you PM me your aia file please?




Since the update I cant upload my backup aia file stored on my pc. It’s about 10mb and contains a lot of extensions. And of course AdMob interstitials dont work anymore. I’m loosing money and users of my app are unhappy because they cant get rewards for watching ads…

Can you return previous Thunkable Classic version untill you fix bugs in the current one?


That is called an earning app and that is not allowed by Thunkable and Google.


Its not earning app. Watching ad just allows to use premium functions in my app.


After removing web component app compiles again


More investigations about issue: after adding violet block from extension or after adding admob banner error returns.


I had kept an aia file of the last compiled apk that I was using in my device

I imported this aia several days ago and it was not able to compile…

The last couple of days there was an update in the companion so I believe that something was changed in the platform

so I tried to compile again this project and voila! the apk was ready to publish in the store!!!
(even if it is one of the most heavily loaded project with extensions as @Domhnall has mentioned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

a big thanks :+1: for @thunkable for releasing the recent update so that we can finalize any of our projects until classic gets discontinued.


I have noticed some strange behavior in the Sharing Component. I believe that it stuck to the selected item and it does not show all the apps available to share with… (but I would like to check this again)


My problem is that I find that my project, which is public in the Play Store, cannot be translated again in the Build menu. Specifically, the APK is created, but it gives an error at the first startup. (See screenshot 1!) If I download the APK from the play store, it runs normally. (See screenshot 2!) Only this APK behaves like this. Test mode works with Thunkable Live, but not in APK. I have not changed anything on it and the Build does not work normally. Of course, I do not know how to improve the project, because I would not make the new version public. I tried to remove objects and prepare APK, the result is still wrong.
Thank you, Paul