The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 6271615010603008_Screen1 will not be saved

Same thing for me.
Resolved: I disconnect from my account and reconnect from private browsing mode juste in case.
And always make backups every so often!

You can after your done adding blocks, or adding more components, just click ‘Save’ in the file menu!

Hola , tengo el mismo problema, cuando abro una app o creo una nueva me aparece " The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 5567467547000832_Screen1 will not be saved." Busque en la comunidad y no logré encontrar una solución. Probé con Firefox y Google Crome y paso lo mismo con ambos. También probé con otro usuario y contraseña y paso lo mismo.
Después de hacer algún cambio hago click en Guardar y no lo guarda. Cuando vuelvo a abrir la app me encuentro que no se guardaron los cambios.
Alguien pudo solucionarlo?
No se mas que hacer, necesito ayuda.

import your latest backup and restart from there
see also the tips

Taifun

Use different screens wisely Before starting to create another screen, first you should think about is it really necessary?

Hola Taifun, muchas gracias por su rápida repuesta. Le cuento que me pasaba lo mismo ya sea que utilizara una copia anterior de la app como así también si iniciaba una app nueva con un label, un texbox y un botón. Me aparecía el mismo mensaje y no se grababan los cambios de los bloques. Pero de repente volvió a funcionar bien y puedo trabajar sin problemas con la ultima versión que tengo de la app. No se cual fue el problema ni cual fue la solución, tampoco si va a volver a suceder.
Justo estaba viendo la opción de migrar a Makeroid pero no se si después el play store me aceptaría la actualización de la app pues ya esta subida la que cree con Thunkable.
Lo malo de este caso es que no se cual fue la solución por lo que no sirve como aporte para la comunidad.
Muchas gracias por la respuesta.
Saludos

Hola de nuevo. Le cuento que me volvió a aparecer el mensaje “The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 5567467547000832_Screen1 will not be saved” . Luego presione el botón del navegador Google Chrome para cargar la pagina de nuevo y desapareció el problema.
No se si fue casualidad, pero tal vez si llegan a tener el mismo problema, esto les funcione tambien a ustede.
Saludos.
Robertone

Translated by Google:
Hello again. I tell him that the message “The blocks area did not load properly” appeared again. Changes to the blocks for screen 5567467547000832_Screen1 will not be saved ". Then press the Google Chrome browser button to load the page again and the problem disappeared.
I do not know if it was a coincidence, but maybe if they have the same problem, this will work for you as well.
Greetings.
Robertone

I got the same problem.I do many times reload page and randomly the problem solved after a lot of reloads but not always :frowning:

how many blocks do you have on that screen?
how many different components are you using: labels, textboxes, buttons, etc.?
Taifun

Hola Taifun, te cuento que cuando me aparece ese problema, empieza a fallar con todas las app, es decir tanto al crear una nueva app, que se encuentra vacía sin ningún elemento en la pantalla, como con una que tiene una sola pantalla con un solo botón o con otra mas compleja con varias pantallas Y hasta ahora lo único que lo soluciono fue recargar la pagina del navegador.
Saludos.
Robertone

Translated by Google:
Hello Taifun, I tell you that when I see this problem, it starts to fail with all the app, that is, both when creating a new app, which is empty without any element on the screen, as with one that has a single screen with a just button or with another more complex with several screens And so far the only thing that solved it was to reload the browser page.
Greetings.
Robertone

I have same problem, I try to remove the last extention was added and its work…

If any of you are desperate to get your aia working again, I was able to repair my program by downloading the aia, extracting the archive as a zip, and manipulating the source files. I carefully transferred over the .bky and .scm code piece by piece into a duplicated project with the problematic screen deleted. In the end, none of the xml code from the .bky files needed to be modified with exception of the new screen name. I’m not sure why Thunkable was treating this screen as corrupted. Perhaps it’s a bug of some sort.

Found out the aia is a zip here: https://appinventor.pevest.com/2015/04/03/what-is-inside-a-aia-project-file/

I am desperate here - I did not expect my source code to be totally unavailable just like that…

The majority of my algorithm for a large app is gone since it was in screen1. I cannot update my app for Google Play Store anymore - it is essentially dead.

Please Thunkable - when will it be fixed?

How can I get my source back?

Please…

/lars

I hope you have made backups?

Oh well - I have. Does not help much when the Thunkable guys change the internal workings of the development platform in ways that make loading and compilation impossible. Seems to be no focus on configuration management.

I think this is not fair. The reason for this can be very divers. If you search the forum you will find many topics. Most of the time users use images that are to big or are reaching the max of the number of blocks. (Max is not a fixed number).

See this topic

In principle I do not agree. Every addition to a platform should be backwards compatible. If this is not possible configuration management must be applied or conversion tools made available.

However, I acknowledge that this is not a professional platform for commercial use.

Great for educational purposes though.

it seems to be, you learned the hard way, how important it is to do backups…
see also the reasons here http://twodogapps.com/?page_id=686#BackupWork

Taifun

1 Like

As I said: I did backups. They won’t load properly today.

But never mind - I was able to load and inspect the previous version even though it cannot be edited. The most recent version had no blocks in screen1 when it was opened.

I have recovered my algorithm by doing screenshots so I can move on.

1 Like

Hi,

Since yesterday i have the same problem on all my applications:

The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 5052425073852416_Screen1 will not be saved.

When i create a new project, i have the same error, is there problem on server Thunkable or with my account?

Thanks
Best regards

Hey @Julianinho,

Sorry to hear this - we haven’t updated anything on Classic recently so I’m not sure what the cause is.

I know you’ve been using Thunkable for a long time, so presumably you’re using the same browser/computer/ etc?

Does the error persist if you try an incognito window too?