The application has stopped

Hi All,

I’m developing my app since more then 1 yr ago, using Thunkable since I changed from AI don’t know when.

I did a lot of .apk exports and the app alwayd done the same as in test mode (TA Live).

Today I have wanted to try some changes, so to be sure I saved my project using “save as” and contiued developing in that new file. .APK safed and app did’nt start. I have found that the version maybe crach so I went back to the original projekt and done the same modifications.

In Live test mode all the features worked properly, so I generated .APK. On Screen1 I do a short authorization, and then change to another screen. The phone says the the application has stopped.
Test dialogs apeears from every part of code in Screen1, but from nowhere on the next screen.

I have tried your solution (aia export, and then import to whole new account, the result is the same.

Please help!

Cannot change screens in installed APK

I’ve done a short video (with very bad sound quality - sorry for that.) Maybe you can understand the problem more easily!

And sorry for my bad bad engligh :frowning:

see here

and

taken from the FAQ

Taifun

Thank you for the quick answer.

I will try to lower pictures and other techniques, but the strange thing is that I havent changed the amount and resolution of pictures I use.
Is there any given limits for number of pics and resolution?
APK size is under 8 MB.
I’m creating the app in app.thunkable.com.

see also the following general tips and in your case especially #1 and #2

Taifun

Thanks again,

then why has this app changed its beviour, previously had been runing perfect on low quality tablets as well, and now I’m testing it on SGS8… (Not enough memory??)

Hi again,

i have done some changes in my app, as a result I have managed to decrease the following

1: Total Size of media (picture files) From 4,5 to 0,2 MB

2: Amount of meda files: From 70 to 22 files

3: APK file size: from 7,5 to 3.8 MB

My installed app still exits at the same point (screen change from Sreen1)

What else could I do to get my app work again after install?

Please note that testing on Thunkable Live is still perfect.

Thank you in advance!**

Did you resize images? Not compress

Of Course, all images resized, reloaded, and instead of using different pictures (more than 60 previously) I use 1-1 and moving image sprites.
All old images have been deleted from the Thunkable server.

Try firebase Test Lab.İf test fail you can get logs and test video.Post here maybe its helpfull for find problem

you might want to read and follow the general tips already provided here

especially switch screens correctly

Taifun

Thank you all,

I read and followed the advices given on the links, but the strange thing is that previously the app worked fine after install, I haven’t changed big thing and then it stopped working… There wasn’t a problem with switching screens neigter

There is no too much pictures anymore, no too big size, and live test run as I expected!

Do you consider what I mentioned? [quote=“Ruszi, post:1, topic:5153”]
I saved my project using “save as” and contiued developing in that new file. .APK safed and app did’nt start. I have found that the version maybe crach so I went back to the original projekt and done the same modifications.
[/quote]

I’m so helpless

I tried some tests, all passed!

The problem is firebase test to leave the component with the default url and try again it has already happened to me

you might want to use Logcat to get some more details about the error, see Hossein’s description how to do it here

Taifun

So some functions work but some special operations create force close erros.You need go deep for find source wacth test videos.Test robot do same operations.This operations working good.You need find which operation make force close.

We need logcat for find it

Thank guys all for collaborating.

Unfortunately I don’t know all these testing methods, so please tell me step by step what to do, or what to send you (blocks, APK etc.)

Thank you in advance!

If you send me the apk i can try it on my devices

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6828jTFEE0IWkUxbE4zNThEdVE/view?usp=sharing

Find APK on link!

authorization:

E-mail: [email protected]
Pass: password

thank you very much!

Can you post a pic of screen 1 instalize and screen 2 instalize(if thats the one you got to) and when authorization button clicked