Textbox Extension

Vaya, ya hasta cobran por ayudar D:

I’m sorry, but I disagree with you. Taifun has helped a lot to the AppInventor Community, asking for a little donation to improve his contributions isn’t bad AT ALL. Sometimes, some things are worth investing on, and definitely Taifun’s contributions are.

6 Likes

You are free to give your work and time for free if you want. If you don’t want to do that, it’s OK too. Sometimes I help for free and when it’s some complex thing or a whole app, I charged money. What is the problem with that?

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do you make an extension?

Hi @Taifun ,

awesome extension :slight_smile:
But I experienced that the HighlightText and SetCursorAt(End) functions unfortunately do not work for me… I used it according to your examples and there’s no error coming up it just does not respond with the wanted action. I am running Google Stock Android 8.0

Any ideas or update to fix this? Would be great because I would need it for a browser URL bar :wink:

cheers, Chris

Can i do when i click on text box it select all text for replacing text

1 Like

@Chris I will do another test on Android 8.1 soon…

@Cranky_Pranky try the HighlightText method and use length of textbox as toPosition, see also the example app in the download section here https://puravidaapps.com/textbox.php
Taifun

3 Likes

@Chris I tested again the textbox example downloadable from the download section here https://puravidaapps.com/textbox.php and it works fine on Nexus 5X running Android 8.1.
You might want to test these methods using my example app. Thank you.
Taifun

I did some more testing and I found out that for some reason the select text block does not work as I embedded it into my app (at GotFocus):

The strange thing is if I click “Do” on the block it works… Do you have an idea what the problem is? Because I need it to work on Focus event… I also tried to NOT change the text on GotFocus but that did not make it work too…

best regards,
Chris

1 Like

this sounds like a timing issue then…

use a clock component, timer interval = 10 milliseconds and disable the clock in the designer
in the GotFocus event start the clock and in the Clock.Timer event disable the clock again and use the HighlightText method

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Working With Textboxes

hi
i’m using the “enter press” event
when the textboxes are empty it’s ok, when there is text inside it does not work

Sir @Taifun :pray: :grinning:

Can im use this extension to make text higlighter?

Ihave content text,and want search keyword on my content text…
and if i have keyword from my content text…keyword on content text is higlighter

cant it :grinning::grinning:

thanks

nb.
i make tread on this Search/Find keyword in Textarea/Textbox? but not yet free solution :sweat_smile:

try the example project to find out how to work with that event
Taifun

the SetHighlichtColor method currently works only for the complete textbox, but probably I can add this as a new feature
to discuss this, please contact me by email, see here https://puravidaapps.com/contact.php
Taifun

yes i studied it, and in fact it works if i use only “start enter pressed listener”

when i use both (with start text changed listener" it does not work

in the first image the app works cause there is no “after text changed” event, in the second i used this too, and it does not work

Cattura1

Ok sir @Taifun
Thanks i waiting new feature :pray::grinning:

for feature requests please contact my by email. thank you.

For feature requests please contact me by email. To be a sponsor of a new method already is possible starting from only 10 USD! With your contribution you will help the complete App Inventor community. Thank you.

Taifun

Please prepare an example as small as possible, which demonstrates this issue and add the project (aia file) into this thread together with exact instructions for how to elicit the error, so I can take a look

Taifun

I don’t know if it’s some bug or it’s made this way.
This Block works only when you set it on the Screen Initialize block else it doesn’t work.
Check into it please @Taifun