Table.html asset not found!

Hi Thunkers.
Is my very first time ever post something in this wonderful place. First i want to sorry if my english is not fine.
Second, i want to say thanks to all people can help to discover what happens, for help other users can have the same issue, too!!..Lot of thanks!!!
And now i’m going to explain which is my problem.
i’m building an app, using list of lists. Data is placed in a webview with an CSV table to html asset. All was working fine till yesterday. My data table.html was displayed correctly in the webview as a listview…and then…
few things at first time ever do…first my thunkable app was upgrade to the new version… and at the same time i was looking for the cause of my app did’nt install (apk) properly…so…i duplicate my app for try to erase all things don’t use… and became a “clean version”…even erase the assets for renovate all…
I tell all these things because maybe some of them can be the cause of my issue…
Now i start the app and file is not found…
I’ll be too gratetful to someone can tell why after these things…my app is break!
Congratulations by your work!!

This is the message returned when open the app

Here the table is build

And this block shows the Initialize block

Thanks to all!!

2 Likes

During development us:
file:///mnt/sdcard/AppInventor/assets/

Before packaging the app us:
file:///android_asset/

Use taifun tools =» path to assets

Thanks Said_Dev…i’ll try your solution and will tell how runs

2 Likes

Thanks for your fast answer Clement_Pignet…but i have used Taifun tools (path to assets block) as you can see in my last pic.

2 Likes

Sorry Said_Dev…but do you mean in design screen in “Home URL”?
Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Said_Dev…your solution doesn’t fix the issue…:disappointed_relieved:
Can would be because of the over 10 mb size of my apk?..or by release of thunkable new version, or by that i erasde the assets while my size test?
Again, thanks to both

2 Likes

Remember that before yesterday…app was running properly…on LIVE test

2 Likes

Show screen of your url before building

Said_Dev, i’m not sure what are you telling me…my url is a list of lists to CSV to html file used with Taifun tool “Path to assets”…do you mean this?

2 Likes

I’ve seen other posts where other thunkers had the same issue, but still don’t find a fix … :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I believe i understand your suggest…but…my html file is empty when the app starts first time…app’s user build data and data goes to this html file, so i think set the file as asset at first time is not the fix…except that it would runs setting an empty file…but i suspect that is a third thing which corrupt the blocks…

2 Likes

Did you try with a prebuild html to see if it works ?

You should use goToURL (and not Go Home) there are some issues…
See Boban’s answer here :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mitappinventortest/Iwo-UQGuGSM/daRelWVGBgAJ

What you mean with this?..my html file…is empty at the begining,…and depends what do the user…gets some data or another from a list of lists data…so i mean you believe my file is always the same…and not is this…
I’ll try @Boban_Stojmenovic 's solution and @Taifun 's suggestions…I’m getting crazy!!:persevere:
In a while…i’ll post how are my blocks…

Thanks Clement Said and Taifun

Xavi

3 Likes

You have to use the html file that Taifun gives on puravidapps (it’s not empty)

1 Like

yes exactly
and you have to upload it into the assets of your app
and as the HomeURL block has issues, you should use the GoToUrl method instead (see again Boban’s thread)

Note: there seems to be an issue with the new Android System Webview update on some devices. See @Boban_Stojmenovic’s tip here how to solve it. Thank you Boban!

Taifun

1 Like

Fast to try it!!..in my next life i promise to all three, Boban, Taifun, and Clement will be my heirs…:rofl:

Thanks again…:kissing_heart:

Xavi

3 Likes

Hi men!!!

This was the fix!!!
I upload @Taifun 's Table.html (https://sourceforge.net/projects/puravidaapps/?source=typ_redirect)…upload as asset and with @Boban_Stojmenovic 's tip (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mitappinventortest/Iwo-UQGuGSM/J_13OwhLBAAJ) and after few settings on my blocks all runs perfectly.

Thanks so so so much to both and to @clement_pignet too by your patient with me. I’ll have you on my best dreams!!!

:heart_eyes:

Xavi Rivera

6 Likes