How to update app published on ios?

Hi, I find only 1 post about the updating of the app on ios but is not really clear.

Can someone explain how does it work to update app on ios?

What do mean? just click the plus sign add build and it self explanatory from there i am waiting on my update to be approved now

Hi @trawellit,

It is the same process as publishing the first build to the App Store. You’ll notice the wizard for publishing to App Store via x.thunkable.com will be auto filled after you set it up. You’ll only need a one time use password from Apple (it will tell you where to get it).

The build is generated and sent to the App Store, and the App Store will send you a message that it was successfully received.

In the App Store, you’ll see a new build which requires review. You can put this build (your newest build) into review and once it’s been accepted, you can publish it as a new update.

In short, it’s the exact same process as publishing your very first build.

-Eoin.

2 Likes

First of all, thanks for your answer.

So, I have to do the same process,ok.
I don’t have to upload other new certificates, right?

Correct. It will auto fill all your certificates. You’ll just need a one time password from iCloud, and when you get to that step, it’ll provide you a link to retrieve it.

Hope this helps, Eoin.

Thank you very much.

For me the publication for ios is a jungle compared to android (very simple)

1 Like

Apple do have their own way about things :woozy_face: The Thunkable docs are super helpful if you’re ever stuck, and there are many active community members here to help you out if you have any difficulties.

Let us know how you get on with pushing your new update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile:

Hello,
I was unable to update the app with the procedure you told me.

With your procedure (thus creating a new app on the App Store Connect) it did not show me the app bundle id and therefore did not make me proceed.

I tried to load the same app with a different specific password and it loaded an app in the TEST flight section but not in the builds, so I deleted it.

Now I don’t know what to do

Hey @trawellit - this wasn’t what Eoin recommended at all. Updating your app is much easier than publishing your app for the first time.

From your published project, click on “Publish” can follow the instructions again to send the update.

There is no need to create a new app in this case, since you are just updating an existing app.

1 Like

ok, so I don’t have to create a new “Specific password”?

I have created a new “Specific password” but I can’t see the new built to publish.

I’m stucked here

I’m trying to upload a new app with the first, original, “Specific password”. I’ll wait for the mail from Apple and try to procede with the upload. I hope for success and let you know.

Thanks

Maybe I’ve done. I received this mail.

So, for the next update, do I have to create a new Specific Password or not?

I don’t remember wich buttun i pressed to upload a new version of the app. I remember clicked a blue + button but I can’t find where it was. Can you help me also for this?

Thanks for the support

I think you can access old app specific passwords via the same Apple ID page. Do keep in mind Apple will not let you create more than 20 or so app specific passwords. My guess is you only actually have to make one password, though you can use new ones as well :slight_smile:

As far as your update goes, all looks good. It’s up to Apple to determine if your app is ready for the App Store. All the best.

Another problem…

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 13.6 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, no content was displayed after launching the app and waiting a few minutes: we were stuck on a blank screen.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about testing your app and preparing it for review, please see Technical Note TN2431: App Testing Guide.

For a networking overview, please review About Networking.

Hey @trawellit,

Is your app in fact “complete”? Can you share some screenshots of the app to see what they might be referring to.

the app it’s complete, you can download for free Trawellit :slight_smile:

or do you want screen of the blocks?

Okay i didn’t realise you had it released. That’s strange if you’ve been able to publish a previous version with same ui and functions but not an update.

If you really think it’s an issue you could attempt to dispute it. Keep in mind, Apple has a 6:4 acceptance:rejection rate, so i wouldn’t be too worried if it is rejected. It’s best to get in touch if your unsure exactly what is wrong, though they usually provide a detailed write up.

(edit)

I’ve noticed this for example:

The screenshot may not show it tho the notch on my iPhone Xr covers the tool bar at the top.

1 Like