Simple Mathematics Extension

Hello thunkers!

Today i will publish my first extension for app inventor/ thunkable users.
The extension is very simple but i will learn much more in the future about the java language.

You can calculate simple mathematics tasks

• Multiplication
  • Division
  • Subtraction
  • Addition

You can also make “cubed”, “squared” and “to the fourth” calculations.
And one more with the “PI” block you will get the number PI.

I hope i can add more features in the future.

Download aix file

best regards,
Mika

Tutorials, Snippets, Examples with source files (aia and apk) and much more available on my blog

14 Likes

It looks nice, great work!

1 Like

Good work @Mika

I changed your topic’s category to #thunkable-extensions if you don’t mind. I find this to be more relevant.

Oh :smiley: Yes that’s right! Thank you for the note.

Good work done @Mika it is good to see a great user of Thunkable finally making Extension. hope to see more powerful extensions coming into the system.

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
It’s a hard way to learn a new language (java) but i give my best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have added now some more blocks to the extension.
Take a look to my first post :slight_smile:

Great job Mika! Can’t wait to try it out.

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Good Work!

Also, can you implement something like this, in an extension, from my JavaScript example?
Dynamically evaluating Math Expressions…
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mitappinventortest/0oVTthDFChY/GmIBOEH_EQAJ

2 Likes

Do you mean something like this?

You can also write me an example formula you need here and I can see what can be done. :slight_smile:

you could look for a mathematical expression library for Android and use that library in the extension…

How to add libraries into an extension is described in the App Inventor Extensions document in chapter 4.2.3 Using External libraries

so in the end you could put some mathematical expression into a textbox and the new method in the extension calculates the result (magically ;-))…

Taifun

1 Like

Thank you Taifun and Mika for the replies…
I just felt that it would make the extension even better.
I’m not in need of one :slight_smile:

Nah, I just meant like what Taifun replied.[quote=“Taifun, post:12, topic:1553”]
so in the end you could put some mathematical expression into a textbox and the new method in the extension calculates the result (magically :wink:)…
[/quote]

Thanks for the work.
Regards.

you might be interested in my new extension

Taifun

1 Like

Great Work as usual.
Thanks!