[Resolved] Issues while using addIconMarker and addPolyline Map Blocks - April 2022

I hope it’s resolved soon :blush: We are running a hackaton around Thunkable and others (https://upsteam.es/) and some participants rely on maps to finish their projects. Best of luck to find the root cause.

2 Likes

I’m posting so that I’m notified when there’s a fix! We are also trying to place map markers and getting crashes.

2 Likes

I hope a fix comes soon. I have a project to do that involves maps. I was having the same problem.

4 Likes

has this been resolved?

As far I know, not yet.
But the we have the commitment from @jared to post a notification here when solved!

Do we have any update with the map glitch yet??? or any updates???

I don’t believe so. However, I really hope they get it fixed soon. I’m using the thunkable platform for a pet tracking app, and I cannot track any pets right now :confused:

Hello all!
I’m happy to announce that our fix has been pushed out to the live production environment. That means that when you add a block in the builder and you use it in the companion app where I downloaded app it should work.

One caveat to this is that android hasn’t actually approve the build for us yet so it’s not released yet. It is being reviewed by android and it should be released by Monday it’s just not ready yet. That said Apple turned around very quickly for us and they approved our newest version of the companion app. I tested it this morning on my iPhone and found that everything was working perfectly. I also tested out the android version on my test device which also performed perfectly!

In addition to this groups have a new feature! You know that annoying thing that happens when you click on an item that’s in a group and it makes everything kind of grout? That doesn’t have to happen anymore because groups and I have a new property called touch opacity.

Play around with it to get the right field for any group that you use in your project! Stay tuned for exciting new updates coming soon

@josh.pilot538 @paulovaz72 @delee_techdeveloper @nikolasloucaniq95j @agutthon777c @john_shelbyhtmq @ioannisroungeris

Per feedback from @mimostel:

You may need to both download a new Thunkable Live App AND execute a hard refresh OR pull a new block on the screen. This causes the project to auto save to our cloud. It this doesn’t work, however, you can open the blocks page for each affected screen and do a hard refresh.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Issues using onCallOutPress map block

thanks thunkable team, you deserve some applause :clap::clap::clap:

Whoever wants to join… please do so…

4 Likes

I’m having problems yet… :frowning:

Please check the project I shared with you, if you need more info on how to reproduce the error, let me know.

I will need more info, when I tested this specific threads issue last week it was working well.

Is this related to adding a marker or poly line?

Hi @jared
I have tested the group feature and can confirm that it works as expected.
Thank you for resolving this issue. I used to place two group components on top of each other just to avoid the transparency issue when it is clicked.

1 Like

I use both blocks in my project…
I haven’t tested which of the two is causing the error or if both are having problems.
But I’ll change the project deleting these blocks to try discover and let you know later!

1 Like

Please try this project and let me know if it works for you

I just tested all three in the image below. Draw polygon, polyLines, and map markers

1 Like

Yes, it works in your DnD project.

But, please note, my project is made with the StP interface.

And by the way, after some tests, I discover the problem of my project is on the addPolyline block, if I remove it, the screen load with no errors. Below the blocks that are causing error:

1 Like

Just realised I forgot to say this: Thank you everyone!! <33

1 Like

@jared Did you check the problem?

Hi @paulovaz72

I would recomend you continue to debug your app and try this project.

I have tested this on android and ios without issue

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/626ac0006b9d7a0013a5677f

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.