Data Sources: List Of Values from [Column] block does not update during app runtime

I am been searching around but not found best solution.

i am using data source and it connect to airtable. after do operation such as edit, update or delete and it reflected to airtable but not in apps it self. it remain like keeping cache for it. i have to exit from app and login again and then only reflected.

any way to reload data sources or refresh the screen? my component is using list viewer, text and label.

1 Like

I you are using a list viewer, I think you can pull down from the top of it and it will refresh the data. I’m not 100% positive though.

unfortunately is not happening. i think connect using data source it does not have kind of shake to airtable. in the block also does not have refresh to the data also.

1 Like

@ozel1978, please see the animation. I have a list connected to Airtable. When I pull down on the list, it refreshes and you can see an apple appears on the list because it was added in Airtable.

If you are looking to refresh with blocks, then I’m not sure if there is a way to do that.

1 Like

The DVL (Data Viewer List) has a refresh block which will do exactly what the pull down gesture is doing in the animation.

This is only for DVL and not in the List Viewer.

2 Likes

as muner mentioned list viewer does not have refresh block.
somehow all my block using list viewer.

2 Likes

Hi there,

If you are displaying your Airtable data in a List Viewer, are you using blocks to pull the updated Airtable data to display in your List Viewer?

If so, could you show us what those blocks look like?

I’m not sure what type of data you’re working with, but you may find using the Data Viewer List to be more convenient in your project. You can even build a custom Data Viewer layout in the snap to place UI!

1 Like

@jane

thank you for step in. i am using data source to pull data from airtable. the block working fine but after updated it reflected at airtable but not in screen it self. If i am using web it can be right click and reload the page but if using the app how do that? i share how the block look like. thank to @muneer who help me with block arrangement.

reflected

not reflected

1 Like

I can see your update value block to update the value in your Airtable DB, but it looks like you don’t update the List Viewer’s text items after changing a value in your Airtable DB. The List Viewer won’t update automatically, you’ll need to add a block to display the new data yourself.

Can you add in a block after your update value in Imported Base block to set List_Viewer's text items to [list of values in Imported Base in bank in number]? This should pull the new data and display it in your List Viewer.

1 Like

@jane

same behavior it only updated at airtable not at listviewer.

1 Like

Those purple blocks are asynchronous. The first one may not be done before the second runs. Try adding a 1s wait before you update list viewer. If that fixes the problem, then you’ll know it’s a timing issue only.

1 Like

@jane
The update value block is simply to update the value in the table and it does what it supposed to do but what is not performing as expected is the item click event of List Viewer1 which should update the content of the lower list viewer (List Viewer2).
I have tested it and injected wait blocks in different places but that does not seem to have any effect.

@muneer/
also i try on local db and worked perfectly but at airtable does not seem reflected at app unless app is close and open again.

@jane
is there anyway to refresh the screen?

2 Likes

i recreating the block using airtable block, it able to save and reflected at airtable and at screen.

here the block.

2 Likes

@jane does this mean there is a cache problem with the block list of values? The block will read from the Data Source only the first time and subsequent calls will reflect the cached values.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, @muneer - I made a sample app to test this out and it seems correct. I’ll bring this matter to the team’s attention.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, @ozel1978. If you use a Google Sheet as a data source, do you get the updated data?

1 Like

@jane no it wont updated. so meaning airtable and spreadsheet wont be effected using data source block. while for airtable working fine if using airtable block itself.

1 Like

Ok, so just to be clear:

• The list of values from [column] block will not update if you are connected to an Airtable DB or Google Sheet
  • The list of values from [column] block will update if you are connected to a Local DB

Is that correct?

3 Likes

Yes, I confirm that.

1 Like