Question about new SMS and Call blocks

Same issue here

SendMessageDirect work with no error.
When using MakePhoneCall I got error “can only use lower 16 bits for requestcode”
When using MakePhoneCallDirect it’s calling but I got error “can only use lower 16 bits for requestcode” and application crash and on the screen appear “Call not sent”
Is there a solution for calling ?

I just found you can skip this problem for the case of making phone calls by using the activity starter:

When I find how to do the same for sending messages, I’ll reply back.

It is not possible to use the sendmessagedirect block, as it shoots this when trying to use it:

I tryed to solve this problem by enabling the SMS permissions to the Thunkable app, as requested, but then I found it is not possible because it is not displayed on the list (it shoud be between the phone and the uber apps):

Go to settings > App management > Clear Data of the app and open it it will ask for permissions.
Thanks

Apparently that problem was on Thunkable Live, but when I try my app it works fine. I don´t get it.

On the other hand, using the Activity starter scheme I proposed before for making phone calls only works on Thunkable Live; on my app I get this.

Any suggestion?

Sorry @Angel_Mititelu, I thought my solution worked fine but that was only on Thunkable Live. I´m stuck in the same situation as you.

Runtime Error
can only use lower 16 bits for request Code
error occurred in aap for call button

this problem is face me too

please help me

Facing same problem. If you are using Make PhoneCall Block then change it with MakePhoneCallDirect it will solve your issue. Although I’m using it on Android 6 and after 1 click i get same error but after that on every click it Makes a call.

And plz search your thread before posting…

i don’t understand this problem. you have solution?

See this

SendMessageDirect work with no error.
When using MakePhoneCall I got error “can only use lower 16 bits for requestcode”
When using MakePhoneCallDirect it’s calling but I got error “can only use lower 16 bits for requestcode” and application crash and on the screen appear “Call not sent”
Is there a solution for calling ?

I’m having the exact same problem. Neither MakePhoneCall or MakePhoneCallDirect work and both display the same error: “can only use 16 bits for requestcode”.

You can skip the problem using the activity starter like this:

However, similar solution for auto texting won’t work.

Regards.

Hi Guys Need Urgent Help

Hi can you give me the full blocks on this topic…
just the blocks related to calling, m new at this

I’m using Pallet Texting for create sms feature, when send sms i have problem, there runtime error appeared : can only use lower 16 bits for requestCode. any body can solve this problem?

This block work for me…

Hi!
Almost 3 month i haven’t open my project again. But when i open and try it again its always says like this. Last time this feature was flawlessly, but today i got an error
Terror

Up!!