Publishing to the App Store and Troubleshooting

Now that you’ve got your app to version 1.0 it’s time to share it with the world. With Thunkable you can now send your project directly to App Store Connect where you can add device art, a description (and set your pricing!) before submitting it to Apple for review.

Troubleshooting

1 Apple

When your app is being reviewed by Apple you may see one of the following warnings.

1.1 SDK Version Issue

SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 11.4 SDK. Starting March 2019, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 12.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 10.1 or later.

We’re working on an update for this and have an update out by January. This is just a notification that the SDK will be updated in March and you can still submit your app for publication.

1.2 Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement…

Again, this message is simply a warning rather than an error. If you see this message simply resubmit your app for review.

2 Thunkable

When sending your project from Thunkable to App Store Connect, it is imperative that you follow all of the steps. If you miss one of these steps you will get an email from us with a title like Oops! Your app did not publish. and a long error message containing something like this:

Command failed: cd
No such file or directory. Not unobfuscating. Error uploading ipa file, for more information see above

If you see a message like this you need to make sure you are doing the following:

1. Using Thunkable’s .csr file
  2. Uploading a valid .cer file
  3. Uploading a valid .mobileprovision file
  4. Using the correct Bundle ID
  5. Using the correct Team ID
1 Like

Hi Domhnall, I need your help …

I went through the whole process in the video and Thunkable stated, that the App was submitted to Apple AppConnect. I also went to AppConnect, and added a new App as stated, I added Symbol graphic and Screenshots and saved this one.
After about an hour I got a message from Apple concerning this Apple Push Notification, where you are writing, that this is just a warning.
And this point I’m stuck:

1. When I try submit for review, I get a message, that a new Build is available (I guess from the transmission from Thunkable), that I should delete the older Build and resubmit. But where can I delete an older build??
  2. When I look in menu ‘Activity’ I see ‘All Builds’: There is only one (the time stamp equals the EMail from Apple). Clicking on this gives me no more options to do.
  3. Clicking beneath ‘Activity’ on ‘App Store Versions’ I see one entry that has a time stamp half an hour before that in ‘Activity’. This one I can’t even click to open something.

So have you any idea, what I can do?

Btw: Could this be the problem:
I cannot find any “Select a Build Before You Submit Your App” (as seen in screenshots on Google Image Search)?

SOLVED (almost): I just had to wait a few hours, so that the build was proven by Apple and it appeared in App Store Connect.

Could you eventually post further instructions for ‘Sending to Review’. I had to answer a whole punch of questions about what the app does / encrypt / etc. Especially I had to agree, that the Thunkable app uses Ad-ID (which I am not aware of) to step ahead …

1 Like