Press the back button to go to previous location (Web View)

HI fellow thunkables how can i change this?

I want the back button just to go to previous location in the web instead of closing the app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you check the blocks in Web Viewer component, you can clearly find this block:

GoBack()
Go back to the previous page in the history list. Does nothing if there is no previous page.

More info about components can be found here:
http://thunkable.com/reference/components

1 Like

Hi thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

Another question please :slight_smile: what if I wanted to close the application after double tapping the back button; or after the web_viewer reaching the Home_URL ?

2 Likes

same question here :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can use this block from Screen1:

When Screen1.Back Pressed

using if-else blocks you can add logic and close the app using Close Application block

Thank you :slight_smile: this is what I used so far but trying to figure out how to make it recognize the home/last page that browser backed to before giving the order to close the app. So far this logic is just closing the app when pressed back immediately

1 Like

it should be like this otherwise the the app would close directly whatever the case is.

6 Likes

Ok, I’ve tried several methods to make sure my app is closing after user going back to certain URL and to control all the cases, so this is what I’ve come up with as a practical way for me specifically for certain URLs. Hope it helps :slight_smile:
PS. closing app is not working in the testing mode, so you have to export the App first and test real installation on mobile.

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

@Geeee kindly take a look at this Android phone back pressed event in thunkable

2 Likes

@Brainwork this is extensive, thank you very much :slight_smile: great post

1 Like

Hi,
I have an app with web viewer component, I added button to bring the previous web page.
It works nice but at the end it brings about:blank (blank page) instead of stopping at home url!

Any idea, please?

Thank you all

If that’s the case, then you must add conditions using IF block.

Thank you, I am a beginner, could you elaborate on this or post screen shot how it should look like, please?

Many Thanks

Check this out

1 Like

My app has a specific web page, but something wrong happened, it is like a virus hacking into the app.
The app (web viewer) forward me to another website and give me a message(the pic below)

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you so much!

@jamal_Ali are you encountering this error after calling the Go Back() method? If not then your post should be in a separate topic.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with the app, but is caused by the webpage that you are trying to visit (but do not mention!)

Thank you, I already started a new topic.

Hi there
Did you ever finder a solution for the webview “blank page” problem. I troede all sorts of and/og conditions but no luck😞