[PAID, BETA ] Background tasks extension

I’m working on a background tasks extension
It’s kind of ready, but mistakes happen.
This extension will allow the application to run in the background and perform any tasks
Blocks:

Start a new task
StartTask
Translate the component into the background (before using the component, translate it into the background!)
componentBackground
Stop Task
stopTask
Send the value to the screen
sentValue
When Task Started
startedTask
Task Update Timer
taskUpdate
The screen got value
getValue
Error handling
error
The extension is still in development, but I think I’m on the right track. You can donate me a small amount of money to give me an incentive to develop the extension faster.
I myself needed it, but I went further and develop applications on Android Studio. I don’t need it now, but I was wondering if I could do it. And I really was able to do it, and there are mistakes everywhere, even in large companies. But the extension works with the basic components, and that’s good.
DOWNLOAD:
In developing…

6 Likes

Can you give an example of when it would be used

Yes, for example, to check whether the user received a message, when the APP is CLOSED and if the user has new messages, then send a notification to the status bar and let the user know that he has new messages. This is all when the application is closed in the background.

Will it allow for OneSignal messages to be received when the application has bee closed and displayed in status bar?

Yes

I would be happy to test what you have. I am surprised you are able to get the process to reside in the background, when the core application cannot. Well done.

One question, after your build your service, how do you change the manifest of the application to allow it to run in the backgroun?

I do not have access to Mainfest, and this is not possible. But I do not need it, I found a workaround. But the expansion is still unstable, I am working on it. Testing has shown good results, but there are errors.

1 Like

You can unzip the APK to get the manifest.

As I said I can help test… very curious what you did as it does not operate as I thought things needed to.

how did you manage to get those different colors of the method and event blocks?

you might want to follow the naming conventions, which is UpperCamelCase for property, method and event names (i.e. the first letter should be a capital letter) and lowerCamelCase for parameter names

example:
naming
Taifun

Do you think that we get this extension in the next time, if i can send notification if the app is closed without one signal (maybe with firebase or other databases) i will buy it at the same moment when you published it.
I need a methode to set notification which the user will get if the app is not running or so.
Like a birthday reminder app or so.

Is anyone still working on this, because this is quite an important topic to a lot of us and especially me. This seems the most promising so far