[Solved] Need guide with ListViewer using Airtable

Hi, I am still working my way with thunkable and need help or guide on how I can display datas from a spreadsheet column using listview.

• Basically my spreadsheet has 3 columns & 70 rows
  • I have 2 screens
  • When screen_1 loads, it should display all 70 data from column_1 in the listview
  • When you click on one of the lists, it should load screen_2 with corresponding data from columns 2 and 3

Because I am keen to learn, pls provide me with steps to achieve this or links to videos that explains this.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @sysads,
You may use this block (for Scrn1 i.e column1) :

And I can’t understand your point :

Kartik

12 Likes

Hi and thanks for the reply. I will try out your steps now but can you figure out why my own step below keeps reloading the app when I try to navigate to the screen

Update

Ah my bad, I did not select the correct spreadsheet hence why it did not load. Now its loading with my setup above

Also what I mean by this “When you click on one of the lists, it should load screen_2 with corresponding data from columns 2 and 3” is

When I click each list row, it should load another screen with values corresponding to it’s row

3 Likes

You should do like :
for each item j in column,
do : add items to list --list name here-- item : j
outside the for loop :
set list.items to variable list
You can see my above block screen initialize

Kartik

11 Likes

sorry i just made an update above. my setup works just as yours. i forgot to select the correct spreadsheet :frowning:

So just left with when I click each item, it should load a second screen with its corresponding row data

3 Likes

Hi there,

These blocks can help you display the information from column2 and column3 whose row number matches the item from column1 your user clicked.

Once you’ve displayed column1 in a List Viewer:
setrownum

The index (row number) of the item selected is saved, the next Screen is opened.

When the next Screen opens:
setitem

You can use this row number to retrieve the information that was saved to the same row in column2 and column3.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

@sysads,
Please close this topic by marking as a solution.
:smile:

and,

13 Likes

Mama mia, you are a super star. Thanks

3 Likes