🎉 Latest Thunkable ✕ Release; NEW COMPONENTS Data Viewer List and Data Viewer Grid! 2020-05-05

Thanks @dns.prado.s3vy - it’s available for you to try now!

There are two samples in the first post and another open-source example that you can use here:
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5eac6d095fb9efbcef77b94d

Are there any plans to allow for the data binding to occur via app variables? I was playing with a news delivery api and want to use the beautiful list viewer cards. I’m working on integrating Integromat to complete the task.

I can download and prose the api data. I can even send it to airtable to bring the data back to the app in a human friendly version.

The issue I am running into eith this setup is not being able to overwrite old rows and deleting extra easily or timely fashion. So I can only ever add more rows or it takes way to long to do all operations.

Ideally I could plug the variables in as the data source. Any thoughts here

This is how I accomplish deleting old data and replacing it automatically (once daily) to be able to use this neat api.

Maybe if I can learn to write a script for it? :fist::mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

I might have missed any topic/post regarding to this, please help -

Can I display data from blocks right now? Like I call a column from Airtable, and display it?

Thanks!

You can if you are crafty I’ll post an example later today I think of how I’m accomplishing this

2 Likes

@saramdl.gaunde021 go to https://x.thunkable.com/projects Click on the “My Data Sources” tab, then click the “Sync with Source” icon for your data source. Let me know if the block gets updated with the columns.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Clicking on “My Data” tab causes white screen

best component so far! I’ve been love it so much! Thank you Thunkable Team for making this great component comes to life. (nice words). Hoping more components to come like purchase a product or payments in stripe. #Keepsafe

6 Likes

Deleting data sources does not work for me. For a very short moments it says „no data“ then blank screen.
I tried it with Safari and Chrome.
But my test app works with self createt data and with airtable. But not with google sheets.
So there must be some data sources to become deleted.

the only error i could produce is shown in this video. otherwise, there are inconsistencies between my thunkable data sources and the sources on the Gdrive and i believe they are my fault.

also

I am hoping to see the update come out verry soon that allows the published web apps to send data to google sheets. this is a bug i reported on github. other than that, for me this component has been working pretty dang well!

Thanks a lot for the new release! It makes apps using lists look much better!

3 Likes

Tengo el mismi problema…

Hey @francabral we’re looking into this at the moment, I’ll follow up with you via PM.

Thanks for your patience.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Show a loading icon while data is loading?

Does anyone know? Will Firebase be an option in the near future as a data source?

1 Like

Deleting the data sources now works!
Tank you!

But creating google sheets still does not work.

3 Likes

Great Job!
How can i change Local DB to Data Viewer List (without Copy-Paste)
Because I have lots of Local DB but i want to change Data Viewer List.
Thanks.

With Dataviewer List, you can choose if you data are stored in Google Sheets, Airtable or in a Local Table.

Good to see you again @doctorsof, by the way! :+1:

2 Likes

When I create Dataviewer List it cant see any Local Table. But i have lots of old Local Table. Am i must to new? Or can i use old Local Tables for Dataviewer Lists?
If yes i can’t. I can send to message for shared link.
Thanks

1 Like

Ah… I think I understand now.

It’s midnight for me - so I’m not near a computer (thankfully) but I’ll take a look for you tomorrow!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the local db component is a different thing from the “local data source” that is used by the data viewer.

Eventually we’ll consolidate everything inside of the data sources, but we haven’t done that yet. For now, you’ll have to copy the content into the local data source.

5 Likes