[Solved] Is there some reason why my blocks might start to lag?

Hello,
Kartik here… (This is my second account)

I have completed my App, and it works fast and nice with live testing…
When I uploaded to play store, and got the apk, the app is hanging a lot and got very much slow.
What could be the problem?
I have 20 screens, and 25 images in app. Could this be the problem?

1 Like

Hi there,
Just a quick question, have you add many of the blocks inside your application?
Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks,
Each screen contains average 200 blocks.
2 screens > 1000 blocks.

1 Like

I have the same problem, I think it must be something new. I already opened an instance in Git : https://github.com/thunkable/thunkable-issues/issues/165 .

Their support is very good, I believe it must be resolved in a very short time.

4 Likes

Hi there,

An app with a lot of blocks will run slowly. We are working on improving this.
Thanks for your patience.

Jane

3 Likes

Thanks, @jane
But till yesterday, everything was fine…
Even on play store

3 Likes

the same with me too

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Sorry you’re having some issues with your apps! I’m trying to determine what the cause is now. Can some of you share your projects with me (privately if you prefer) so I can take a look? I wasn’t seeing the issue on my projects but they’re probably not as big as some of yours.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Tks Steven, until yesterday it was ok, I already shared my code earlier with Joannie (staff member). Can you get it with her?

1 Like

(My main account)

Yes… I am also surprised with this only.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, my app is 293 blocks and the .apk worked fine until yesterday. Today, it does work but very slowly, each button press takes 5 seconds or more.

2 Likes

I would just like to reiterate @Steven’s plea for folks to please share their project URLs or share links, if you haven’t already, so that we can further investigate what is going on. I would also add that if you could provide the phone model and Android OS version’s for the devices that you are test with, that would be greatly appreciated. We have had some trouble replicating the problem on our side and are wondering if it might be device or OS version dependent.

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Thx Mr Mark,

I already shared my project with Mrs. Joannie, she has the link.

About the device, in my case MOTO G4 S with android 7.0.

Please feel free to request any information that may help resolve the problem. We all need our applications working properly and we are willing to help with whatever you need.

I have somewhere close to the region of 1700 blocks. Only the editor seems laggy. What is your device. is it old?

3 Likes

Its cool! https://www.motorola.com.br/moto-g4-plus/p

Okay. My device is the Galaxy A50. and iPhone 6s
The app runs superfast on the iPhone and slowest on A50 and other Androids.
Now, the app is getting slower in Thunkable Live also.

hmm. thats not a slow phone :thinking:

App works fine on galaxy s8. what android is it running?

1 Like

Android Pie (9.0)

1 Like

hmm, that shouldn’t be happening. How many blocks/screens? And where do you find the lag. and what does the app do.

I find that buttons don’t work until the app has finished loading something, like pictures from web api, etc.

Thanks,
15+ screens, 17 assets, and 3 screens having > 900 blocks, while others average less than 400.