[Superpost] Can we go "back" on the webviewer?

Hey Thunkable community,

I’m back seeking advice and suggestion! :slight_smile:

I have created an iOS app, and its on Flight Test.

Now my group of testers are telling me that they can not go back to the previous page.

And I know that on the android you can do the following.
18%20PM

What are options for iOS. Because on apple you can swipe left to right and go back to the previous page you were at. I assumed that was the case with all Thunkable iOS apps as well, because i do not see any blocks for webviewer to go back!!

PLEASE any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you again Thunkable community!!

Hey CSJ.APP,

If you are satisfied with the solution of this problem on JavaScript, then you can try this with the help of Web Viewer and data URI.

1 Like

Hey Thank you…

Im a still learning JavaScript, but I will do some work and play around.
I wanted to ask you, how would I add the java script to the app or the viewer ?

The basic example is shown below. The first three text blocks are needed. The rest you add at will.

javascript

I could not implement the function Back. To do this, you need to load the pages into a frame, but many sites have protection from this.

If Thunkable X had the ability to exchange data with the Web Viewer, then you could try to make the function Back by saving the URL of the visited pages in the list.

Hey Fellow Thunkable Friends,

I am using a web-viewer to display our website, however the app does not have a back function and its very hard to navigate within the web-viewer. To be able to swipe or press a back button is vital and a necessary action. Our app is for a news publication and so users need to navigate back to the previous page is important to us. Our android app has a back function and so for our iOS not to have one is not good.

Just wondering if the Thunkable community had any updates regarding this feature!?

Thank you!!

Hi there,
Loving the new Thunkable X… Just building out an app with the web viewer in it, unfortunately the back button ignores the web viewer and takes you back to the prior screen. Is there a way for the app to “go back” as one would in a web browser?
Cheers
Matt

Hi,

no

No, as in not possible? :slight_smile:

Yes, it is still impossible to do.:sunglasses:

Bro it’s possible n easy …
There a lot of video about that …
Just take whenback button pressed block …
Then apply n extension of extended webviewer …
N search for the component “if webviewer can go back” …
N call this component …
or
Just type how to go back in webviewer on youtube n u will ur answer …

Hi Gagan_Kr your tutor is for classic only not for cross platform

Hi, All friends, Can anyone tell me how to do,
in Web_Viewer click on back arrow and go to web viewer back and if not true close the app.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is not possible in the current version.

When i open my app, and click back button then app exits. How to setup my app ( Web Viewer ) whenever and any where when i press back button it go back to the previous page.
X.Thunkable

1 Like

I have the same problem, anyone could help? I only have a button to go back home screen =/

same here

Yes I am also facing this same problem for my web viewer apps. Please help me

In the current version of Thunkable X, this cannot be configured.

So at this moment how may I can update my apps? I have created my apps on app.thunkable.com then published on Google Play Console about 2-3 months ago and now I have created updates for my some of apps by app.thunkable. So why it showing this keystore/SHA or fingerprint error? Kindly answer if anyone know about this problem.

When public build there apps on beta.thunkable and faced this same problem. Solution was app.thunkable by uploading .aia file and keystore. So what will be the solution at this moment?

i am facing the same problem here >>> dose anybody find out a way around this issue ??