Ideas for making non-existent extensions

extension

Thanks everyone for the awesome suggestions. But here is something I would like to mention, with correspondence to some of the feature requests.

Extension developers are not chefs at a fancy restaurant. When we ask for suggestions, we expect a broad suggestion, like more customisable list views, or keyboards with custom buttons(both are possible as an extension). Unfortunately, some suggestions end up sounding like orders at a restaurant.

Does this:

“I would like a camera component that can take panoramas, and which can recognise if the picture is of my home”

Sound similar to this:

I would like a corncob barbecue with fresh mint sauce, but no peanuts as I’m allergic to them. Also, make it snappy.

If your requests are like these, feel free to write to us privately (I’m hoping all devs agree with me) so that we can make extensions only for your use. You may, of course, be charged accordingly.

If you have something that can benefit the whole community and the Thunkable platform, then that would be something we would definitely want to develop and share with all of you.

Cheers
Helios

Here is my List :slight_smile:

File Download Extension
Google Login Extension
Push Notifications Extension // Alpha testing
better listview extension
Screen Mirroring(Miracast,Chromecast,DLNA)

and @Italo’s idea
https://community.thunkable.com/uploads/default/original/2X/5/5692436c5a58214e7caead194eaf86ae2ae4495c.JPG

Google Login extension is already here… I & @Sivagiri_Visakan made it. Its called Extended Web Viewer

I do not understand how it works

Read ibfirmation about blocks.

Not at all descriptive
I’m looking for a tutorial on how to do it :slight_smile:

Just merge my snippet with the extension :smile:

This is already in Alpha testing

Who is creating this extension? Or you mean Thunkable is working on it?

Thunkable is working on it, and they also are including background services with this update

Can you give me a prove, where they are saying that? Then, I wouldn’t make this extension.

The Push Notifications component is in Alpha testing. I not sure if i’m allowed to share it though.

I think the background service in this update will only allow for the push notifications, nothing else. I could be wrong though.

If you were refering to my suggestion i appologize but i just wanted to describe a normal notifier

I wasn’t talking about any suggestion in particular. I’ve seen this trend in many topics and decided to write about it. Again, it wasn’t aimed at anyone.

The component is still under tests. It doesn’t make nothing
And also Thunkable team is working on iOS and not on this component

Anyway, please continue with your extension
It will help a lot of apps :+1:

Firebase Notifications

How did you access it? Where can I find out this component?

Good question.
I can’t see it too.

It’s a server that is used to test components

It’s not app or beta one
It’s another completly different

You cannot say it? (Even through pm?)

Here another Extension idea

İmage compress and size editor.We need use user selected pictures sometimes and we need optimize them for lower size on each image.

I know Taifun and others extensions for size but they support only jpg and do not support png.

For online API check this
http://www.resmush.it/

If its posiible ofline its better.

One more option
Webp converter for future (Some android versions do not support it)