How to reduce the size of the aix file

I made one aix file, it’s about 2.9MB. I think it’s way too big.
Is this because I included one external library? one jar file with size of 2.4MB.

Is there any way to reduce the size of the aix?

thanks.

1 Like

Currently, I don’t think that this is possible.

Someone, is actually integrating ProGuard into App Inventor for extensions currently, which will reduce the size of the code.

2 Likes

Thanks Coner, hope this come to true soon.

1 Like

Conor* :sweat_smile:

yes

Is there any way to reduce the size of the aix?

no

this will have no influence on the size of libraries
Taifun

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not the most knowledgeable about this kind of thing but from my understanding it will still reduce the size of the code used, thus reducing the size of the aix file. It know it’s not as much but it’s an improvement.

the included external library will still have the same size, in the example 2.4MB, the aix will probably be a little bit smaller, instead of 2.9MB probably 2.85 MB…

Taifun

2 Likes

I think ProGuard will help reduce the size…

The .aix file size is not what matters, its the final .apk that counts. But I’ve exported .apks over 5MB before and not had a problem.

I made one simple chat room app, used 3 layout component, 1 lable, 2 buttons , 2 textbox when design, of course also with my aix extension. And for logical, i write about 10 lines of blocks.
And the final apk file is 5.14MB, Is this normal?
Whats the size of your apk when you make a simple chat room with the FirebaseDB, since my aix WilddogDB is similar to FirebaseDB component.
Thanks.
Ps, We cannot use Firebase DB in China.

if you include an extension, which is 2,9 MB, the size of the aia seems to be normal

Taifun

1 Like