How I can sign my apk for APTOIDE?

solved
beginner

Dear all,
I have upload already my first .apk to Aptoide and the ask me :

"Sign an apk for us.
This method is used to verify that you are able to sign an apk using the same certificate used on the app you would like to certify.
1 - Download this apk.
2 - Sign the apk. (more)
use the following command to sign the apk
jarsigner -verbose -sigalg MD5withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore
3 - Upload the signed apk "

How i can use the jarsigner for this?

Regards,

Angelos

Making a fast search in Google:

I think the solution is to open CMD on Windows or the Console if you are on Linux OS, go using cd to your APK location and type jarsigner -verbose -sigalg MD5withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore your.apk b4a

Thanks a lot for your quick responce!

Curently i m run in Win10 and i m trying to install the jarsigner…is not recognised at all.

Maybe is there any other trick?

Regards

Angelos

Have you installed Java?

Yes the Java SE Development Kit 8u121 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

but it is not enough :frowning:

Are you able to run the Java command?

Open CMD and type java

Yes shows me the help infos

Mmm, go to your Java installation folder, then to bin and search for jarsigner.exe

Is it there?

Yes! i found it there C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin :slight_smile:

So you must be able to run it from the CMD

Go to your APK folder and type jarsigner

I m afraid…

1. Right click on “This PC” > right-click Properties > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables > select PATH in System Variables then EDIT

2. Click on New, and add this: “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin”

Works fine!

bur ask me for …alias ?!?

I apreciate your help!

Try with this command so:

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg MD5withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore -alias something your.apk b4a

Hello again, i have moved to a Windows 7 pc and i repeat all the preparation until come to :

asks for keystore !

I think that that password is for keystore, but I’m not sure (sorry, I’ve never worked with GooglePlay so I’m a bit noob working with keystores)

I think Thunkable uses one passphrase for all of the keystores I would ask the @admins

Keystore Password - android
Keystore Alias - androidkey

if you have your Keystore file and your apk file in the same directory, write like this instead.

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg MD5withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore android.keystore -storepass android your.apk androidkey

it will complain that you do not have timestamp but if you do not need it then it is ok otherwise use this one

jarsigner -verbose -tsa http://timestamp.comodoca.com -sigalg MD5withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore android.keystore -storepass android your.apk androidkey

https://goo.gl/photos/cjsXnmYdcJ8imcrR7

Alias password key store certificate
Where is my password for keystore certificate?

Hi Boban,

looks like you moved over from Appy Builder to Thunkable. Do you like it better?

CW

Υou are amazing, I admire your interest and your effort to help others!

I saw you below my …achievement

how i can create this keystore file ?

Angelos